Family planning Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Sarthi Sandesh Vahini vehicles were flagged off by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.
The Uttar Pradesh state family welfare department has initiated the Sarthi Sandesh Vahini mission to spread awareness regarding family planning in urban and rural areas. The Sarthi Sandesh Vahini vehicles will provide family planning information to the viewers through various documentaries and films.
To ensure the objectives of the mission are accomplished the Uttar Pradesh government will appoint the nodal officers to supervise the campaign and ensure that several targets set by the department including women and child development and education for all are being fulfilled.
The Uttar Pradesh government has also launched the new initiative to eradicate encephalitis.
Encephalitis is an uncommon but serious condition in which the brain becomes inflamed (swollen). Encephalitis can be life-threatening and requires urgent treatment in hospital. The very young and very old are most at risk of Encephalitis.
The mission aims to spread awareness about the disease and provide medical assistance to the needy.
Tags: Encephalitis • Family planning • Sarthi Sandesh Vahini • state family welfare department • Uttar Pradesh
Due to the orthodoxy and parochial nature of Indian Society, males prefer to lay outside the ambit of the family planning and the onus lies on the woman. In order to arrest these tendencies the government of India has undertaken the following steps:
- Vasectomy Fortnight is observed across the country in the month of November to increase awareness on male participation and promotion of male sterilization.
- Training of service providers in No-Scalpel Vasectomy (NSV) has been undertaken to enhance the pool of service providers.
- Condom boxes are set up in facilities to enable people to access condoms in privacy.
- The ‘Home Delivery of Contraceptive Scheme’ has been initiated to deliver contraceptives including condoms to the beneficiaries.
- The compensation for male sterilization has been substantially increased under the Enhanced compensation scheme for sterilization.
- A 360-degree media campaign has been undertaken to underline the role of men in family planning to encourage men to adopt family planning methods.
- Under the Mission Parivar Vikas campaign due attention is paid towards extensive mobilization activities including promotion of male participation and assured vasectomy services.
The national average for the use of male family planning methods (Male sterilization + Condom) is 5.9 % and 13 states have a better participation rate ththe an national average.