Farm Machinery Current Affairs - 2020
On March 28, 2020, the Union Agriculture Minister announced that agriculture and farming related activities have been exempted from Lock Down. This was introduced in the second addendum introduced by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
Under the second addendum issued by the Home Ministry towards the lock down, the following categories have been exempted
- The ‘Mandis’ operated by the APMC (Agriculture Produce Market Committee)
- The agencies or enterprises that are involved in procurement of agricultural products. This includes the Minimum Support Price operations as well
- Packaging and Manufacturing units of fertilizers and pesticides.
- Movement of machineries involved in harvesting and sowing. The movements within the states and between the states have been exempted from the lock down.
The move has been brought in to facilitate unhindered activities related to farming and agriculture. Also, this will also ensure supply of essential commodities to common people during the lock down.
Tags: Agri-machinery Sector • Agriculture • Corona Virus • COVID-19 • Farm Machinery
Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Narendra Singh Tomar launched ‘CHC Farm Machinery’ mobile App in New Delhi. The Multi-lingual Mobile App CHC Farm Machinery is for farmers to hire tractors and other farm machineries.
About ‘CHC Farm Machinery’ App
The mobile application connects farmers with Custom Hiring Service Centres in their nearby vicinity. The app can be downloaded on any android phone from Google Play Store.
Through this app the farmers can now select and order the required machinery at rates feasible for them from Custom Hiring Centers (CHC) located in radius of 50 Kms. Thus farmers, primarily small and marginal farmers, will have easy access to high value and technical agricultural equipments and this will further facilitate optimum use of all types of inputs using these farming machines.
The app is already available to custom service providers for registration and uploading with geo-reference photographs of agricultural machinery custom service centers as well as photographs of machinery available in it.
As of now over 40,000 custom hiring service centers have registered on this mobile app for the purpose of renting more than 1,20,000 agricultural machineries & equipments.
Benefits: Using the app will take mechanization to maximum farm holdings in a short time frame and will also increase the income of the farmers.
NOTE: To provide Agricultural Machinery on rental basis to the Farmers, specially small & marginal farmers who cannot afford to buy the high value machinery & equipments, the Custom Hiring Centers/ Farm Machinery banks and Hi-tech hubs have been established under various Schemes such as–
- Mission on Agricultural Mechanization
- Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana
- Crop Residue Management Schemes of DAC&FW under Union Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers welfare.