February 2013 Current Affairs
Owing to increased popularity of Shatabdi and Rajdhani trains, there is also a demand for higher travel comfort. Thus, was felt the need for the special AC luxury class by Railway Minister and named ‘Anubhuti’ coaches. These with more facilities would be introduced in Shatabdi trains at the earliest.
Some facts about of Anubhuti coaches:
- Ticket to cost 1.5 times more than more than AC 1 executive class Class in Shatabdi.
- While AC 1 has 56 seats in Shatabdi, Anubhuti will be equipped with 50 seats.
- Ergonomically designed cushioned seats.
- Provision of LCD video screens.
- Whilst the cost of making an Executive Class coach is Rs. 2 crore, the additional cost of for an ‘Anubhuti coach’ is estimated at Rs. 30 lakh.
- Automatic doors.
- Interiors and lighting arrangements will be aesthetically designed to enhance the ambience.
- Free Internet.
- Improved catering services.
- All Shatabdis will be provided with ‘Anubhuti’ coaches in due course.
- The hiked fare for the ‘Anubhuti’ coaches may well be worth the premium.
- Such experiences could be availed eventually in the Rajdhanis, Durontos and other superfast trains.
- The Anubhuti coaches will be manufactured at Rae Bareli and Kapurthala.
Expressing concern at the rise in offences against women, the Rajya Sabha approved the amended the Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Bill, that seeks to provide protection to women in unorganized and organized sectors including the private sector.
- The Bill covers harassment of domestic help and agriculture workers.
The Bill, which has already been passed by the Lok Sabha
Month: Categories: India Current Affairs 2018