Film producer Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Renowned Telugu Cinema Producer Edida Nageswara Rao passed away in Hyderabad, Telangana. He was 81.
He had produced numerous landmark movies Telugu Cinema (also known as Tollywood).
About Edida Nageswara Rao
- He was born on April 24, 1934 in East Godavari district of undivided Andhra Pradesh.
- He had started his career in film industry as a theatre artiste, dubbing artiste, film actor and later turned into a film producer by launching Poornodaya Movie Creations.
- His debut movie as producer was Siri Siri Muvva which was a runaway hit in 1978 and was directed by eminent director K. Vishwanath.
- In all he has produced 10 movies which turned out to be very popular and were big hits.
- Movies produced by him are Tayaramma Bangarayya (1979), Shankarabharanam (1979), Seetakoka Chiluka (1981), Sagarasangamam (1983), Sitara (1984), Swatimutyam (1986), Swayamkrushi (1987) and Apatbandhavudu (1991).
- Some of his movies have won National Film Award for best feature film in Telugu category, Nandi Awards and were screened in several international film festivals.
Philip S. Goodman, an American film, television and stage writer, producer and director passed away on 2 May 2015 in New York, United States.
He was best known for directing the drama film We Shall Return (1963), which starred Cesar Romero.
Goodman was born on February 20, 1926 in New York City. He had graduated from Brooklyn College and the University of Southern California (USC).
During World War II, he had served in United States Army from 1944 to 1946.
He had written for numerous television series of the 1950s and 1960s such as Profiles in Courage, Rocky King Detective, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, and Johnny Staccato. He also had directed plays at the Actors Studio.
He also had written three episodes of National Educational Television’s “Our Vanishing Wilderness in 1970 which was one of the first series on television to focus on environmental issues.
Apart from writing for TV series and films, he also had directed TV commercials for Coca-Cola, RCA, Revlon and Rheingold beer, among many others