Renowned Kannada filmmaker Kikkeri Shamanna Lakshminarayana Swamy (KSL Swamy) passed away in Bengaluru, Karnataka. He was 77.
He was popularly known Ravee and was also Kannada film producer, actor and playback singer.
About K.S.L Swamy
- Swamy was born in 1938 in Kikkeri in then Mysore Kingdom of British India.
- He had started his cinematic journey as an assistant director to legendary filmmakers such as G.V. Iyer and M.R. Vittal.
- Swamy made his directorial debut with Kannada film Thoogudeepa in 1966. In his 49-year celluloid career, he had directed as many as 37 films.
- His directed films such as Gandhinagara (1968) and Bhagya Jyothi (1975) and Malaya Marutha (1986) were successful hits.
- Awards: His is film Jamboo Savari (1989) had won the National Award for the Best Children Film. He is also recipient of Padma Bhushan (2013) and B. Saroja Devi National Award (2013).