Forbes Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Industrialist Mukesh Ambani has been named as India’s richest person for ninth consecutive year in a row with a net worth of 18.9 billion dollars in the 2015 Forbes magazine’s India rich list.
Presently, Mr. Ambani is the Chairman, Managing director (MD) and largest shareholder of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL). It should be noted that RIL is India’s second most valuable company by market value after Tata Consultancy Services (TCS).
- Top 10: Mukesh Ambani (18.9 billion dollars), Dilip Shanghvi (18 billion) of Sun Pharma, Azim Premji (15.9 billion) of Wipro , Hinduja brothers (15.9 billion), Pallonji Mistry (14.7 billion), Shiv Nadar (12.9 billion), Godrej family (11.4 billion), Lakshmi Mittal (11.2 billion), Cyrus Poonawala (7.9 billion) and Kumar Mangalam Birla (7.8 billion).
- The combined wealth of India’s 100 richest persons remained largely unchanged at 345 billion dollars in 2015 as compared to 346 billion dollars in 2014.
- Flipkart’s co-founders Sachin and Binni Bansal have made their debut in this edition of list. They are placed at 86th position with a net worth of 1.3 billion dollars each.
- There are 12 newcomers in this edition of list including Flipkart’s founders, IndiGo’s co-founder Rakesh Gangwal.
- Four women have featured in this edition of list with collective wealth of 9.2 billion dollars. They are Savitri Jindal (3.8 billion)- ranked 23rd, Leena Tewari ranked 54th, Indu Jain (1.9 billion)- ranked 57th and Qimat Rai Gupta (1.4 billion)- ranked 74th.
- Forbes magazine has compiled the list using shareholding and financial data obtained from individuals and families, stock exchanges, analysts and regulators.
Tags: Business • Current Affairs 2016 • Economy • Forbes • Mukesh Ambani
Hindustan Unilever Sun Pharma Industries and Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) among the world’s top 100 innovative Companies: Forbes
Three Indian companies Hindustan Unilever Sun Pharma Industries and Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) and have been named among the world’s 100 most innovative companies by Forbes.
Hindustan Unilever the FMCG has been ranked 41 on the list whereas TCS stood at number 64 and Sun Pharma at 71 in the Forbes list of ‘The World’s Most Innovative Companies’.
- California-Based Tesla Motors has topped the list whose market capitalization is of $25.5 billion. Tesla Motors has also won the Apple’s creative crown.
- Salesforce.com, Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals and ARM Holdings and among the top five companies on the list.
- TCS, India’s largest IT Company with a market cap of $80.3 billion has appeared on the list for the eighth time.
- Sun Pharma, India’s largest drug company with a market cap $39 billion appears on the list for the fourth straight time.
- The other notable companies on the list are Amazon at 8th position, Monster Beverages at 13, Marriot International at 29, Visa at 33, Netflix at 27, MasterCard at 36, Starbucks at 45, Adobe at 74, Coco Cola 81 and Cognizant 96.
Forbes has ranked these companies based on their innovation premium this is the difference between their market capitalisation and a net present value of cash flows from existing businesses.
Forbes included only those industries that are known to invest in innovation and has seven years of public financial data and $10 billion in market cap.