Forest Rights Current Affairs
The Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education (ICFRE) and Technology Information, Forecasting & Assessment Council (TIFAC) have signed MoU to provide livelihood opportunities and augment income of forest based communities. The MoU will be valid for period of 10 years.
Features of MoU
- Prioritization of technologies developed by ICFRE in consultation with stakeholders.
- Patent searching and filing in field of forestry and allied subjects.
- Identify technology gaps and commercialization of technologies.
- Forest based technologies extension and transfer through stakeholder consultations.
- Create IPR awareness in field of forestry and environment including wood science and allied subjects for ICFRE and its institutes.
The MoU will help to open up gate of synergy and collaboration between two organisations in areas of forest technology, extension and commercialization to various stakeholder including farmers, industries and others. It will assist industries to optimize utilization of forest based resources with access of technology to different users. Through this collaboration, TIFAC will help ICFRE to refine and up-scale the technologies developed, take technologies to end users including farmers, state forest departments, forest based industries and forest dependent communities in more effective manner.
It is autonomous council under Department of Science and Technology. It was established as a registered Society in February 1988. It is mandated to assess state-of-art of technology and set directions for future technological development in India in important socio-economic sectors. It is headquartered in New Delhi.
ICFRE is autonomous organisation under Ministry of Environment and Forests and Climate Change (MoEFCC). It is headquartered in Dehradun, Uttarakhand. Its mandate is to conduct forestry research, transfer technologies developed to states and other user agencies and to impart forestry education.