Formula One Current Affairs - 2020
The first female F1 (Formula One) driver Maria Teresa de Filippis passed away on 8 January 2016 in Italy. She was 89.
She is remembered as a first female pioneer in motor racing, a sport mainly dominated by men after she had participated in the five World Championship Grand Prix for the Maserati team in 1958.
About Maria Teresa de Filippis
- She was born on 11 November 1926 in Naples, Italy.
- She had stated her racing career at the age of 22 and had won first race on a 10 km drive between Salerno and Cava de’ Tirreni by driving a Fiat 500.
- She was given the opportunity to represent the Maserati team in Monaco Grand Prix of Formula one in 1958.
- She was also a founding member of the Maserati Club and later on she become its President.
Tags: Current Affairs 2016 • Formula One • Maria Teresa de Filippis • Obituary • Sports
Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg from Germany has won the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix title of Formula One (F1) held at Yas Marina Circuit.
Abu Dhabi Grand Prix title race was the nineteenth and final round of the 2015 season of Formula One.
It was Rosberg’s overall fourteenth championship title of F1 in his career and the sixth win in the 2015 season after Spain, Monaco, Australian, Mexican and Brazilian Grand Prix.
Result of 2015 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- First Position: Nico Rosberg (Germany) of Mercedes team.
- Second Position: Lewis Hamilton (Great Britain) of Mercedes team.
- Third Position: Kimi Raikkonen (Finland) of Ferrari team.
- Fourth Position: Sebastian Vettel (Germany) of Ferrari team.
- Fifth Position: Sergio Perez (Mexico) of Force India team.
- Seventh Position: Nico Hulkenberg (Germany) of Force India team.
Top 3 teams are: Mercedes, Ferrari and Force India.
It should be noted that Abu Dhabi Grand Prix is formally known as Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.