Formula One Current Affairs - 2020
Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg from Germany has won the 2016 European Grand Prix of Formula One.
2016 European Grand Prix title race was the eight race of the 2016 season of Formula One in which total 11 teams had participated. The race was run on a street circuit in Baku, Azerbaijan.
It was Rosberg’s overall ninetieth championship title of F1 in his career and the fifth win in the 2016 season. Earlier he had won Australian Grand Prix, Bahrain Grand Prix, Chinese Grand Prix and Russian Grand Prix in the 2016 season.
Result of 2016 European Grand Prix
- First Position: Nico Rosberg (Germany) of Mercedes team.
- Second Position: Sebastian Vettel (Germany) of Ferrari team.
- Third Position: Sergio Perez (Mexico) of Force India team.
- Fourth Position: Kimi Raikkonen (Finland) of Ferrari Team.
- Fifth Position: Lewis Hamilton (United Kingdom) of Mercedes Team.
Top 3 teams are: Mercedes, Ferrari and Force India.
Tags: Formula One • Nico Rosberg • Persons in News • Sports
Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton from Great Britain has 2016 Canada Grand Prix title of Formula One. It was his second title of the season after winning 2016 Monaco Grand Prix in May 2016.
This was Hamilton’s fifth Canada Grand Prix title in his career and the second in a row. Previously he had won the titles in 2007, 2010, 2012 and 2015.
Canada Grand Prix was the seventh race of the 2016 season and was held at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal.
Rankings after 2016 Canada Grand Prix
- 1st position: Lewis Hamilton (Britain) of Mercedes.
- 2nd position: Sebastian Vettel (Germany) of Ferrari.
- 3rd position: Valtteri Bottas (Finland) of William.
- 4th position: Max Verstappen (Belgium) Red Bull.
- 5th position: Nico Rosberg (Germany) Mercedes.
Top Teams: Mercedes, Ferrari, William and Red Bull.