Gandhinagar Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Union Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved setting up of a unified authority for regulating all financial services in international financial services centres (IFSCs) in the country. The government has approved a bill to set up a unified regulator.
The first IFSC in India was set up at GIFT City in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
Promoting the Ease of Doing Business
IFSCs are set-up to bring back the financial services and transactions that are currently carried out in offshore financial centres by Indian corporate entities and overseas branches or subsidiaries of financial institutions (FIs) to India.
In order to ensure this, the business and regulatory environment must be comparable to other leading international financial centres in the world like London and Singapore. Currently, the banking, capital markets and insurance sectors in IFSCs are regulated by multiple regulators like the RBI, SEBI and IRDAI respectively.
For IFSCs to attain its objectives there is a need for inter-regulatory coordination. The establishment of a unified financial regulator for IFSCs will result in providing a world-class regulatory environment to market participants from the ease of doing business perspective.
For the setting up of a unified regulator, the Union cabinet has approved the International Financial Services Centres Authority Bill, 2019.
The Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation Limited (GCMMF) has launched Amul Camel Milk in selected markets of Gandhinagar, Ahmedabad and Kutch in Gujarat.
Benefits of Camel Milk
The camel milk offers a wide range of benefits such as:
- Camel milk assists healthy bacteria growth in the gut making it easy to digest and it also improves gastrointestinal health and systemic immunity.
- Rich in Vitamin B1 (Thiamin) Camel Milk can provide 70% of the recommended daily value per serving.
- Camel Milk is rich in calcium which helps to build stronger bones.
- Being a good source of potassium and phosphorus calcium milk helps in maintaining a healthy blood pressure level, in combination with a low-sodium diet, which reduces the risk of a stroke.
- Camel Milk has low levels of saturated fat.
This initiative of Amul will give camel farmers better prices and will benefit consumers by giving them hygienically-processed, superior quality camel milk.