GOLDEN HOUR Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has developed a range of combat drugs can extend the golden hour till the trooper is shifted to hospital. This range of drugs can bring down the death toll during instances like the recent Pulwama Terrorist Attack.
Combat Casualty Drugs
- The spectrum includes bleeding wound sealants, super absorptive dressings and glycerinated salines, all of which can save lives in the event of warfare in jungle and high altitude areas as well as in terror attacks.
- These medicines ensure that soldiers do not suffer from unwanted blood loss while being taken to better healthcare from war zones.
- Glycerated saline, a battlefield intravenous fluid that does not freeze till -18 degrees Celsius and is useful in handling trauma cases in high altitude areas.
- Glycerated saline has life-saving capacities as it gives more time to the medical personnel to shift the wounded patient to a higher care facility.
This range of casualty drugs are aimed at enhancing the chances of survival and minimum disability by providing effective first aid care is given within the golden hour.
Tags: Casulaty Drugs • Defence Research and Development Organisation • DRDO • GOLDEN HOUR • Pulwama terrorist attack
The 61st GRAMMY Awards were held on February 10, 2019, at Staples Center in Los Angeles. The winners are:
- Record of the Year: THIS IS AMERICA.
- Album of the Year: GOLDEN HOUR.
- Song of The Year: THIS IS AMERICA.
- Best New Artist: DUA LIPA.
- Best Pop Solo Performance: JOANNE (WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU’RE GOIN’?)
- Best Pop Duo/Group Performance: SHALLOW
- Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album: MY WAY
- Best Pop Vocal Album: SWEETENER
- Best Dance Recording: ELECTRICITY
- Best Dance/Electronic Album: WOMAN WORLDWIDE
Grammy Awards are presented by the Recording Academy to recognize achievements in the music industry. The Grammys held for the first time on May 4, 1959, are the second of the Big Three major music awards held annually (between the American Music Awards in the Fall, and the Billboard Music Awards in the Summer).