Government Iniatives Current Affairs
The Union Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas has launched #Gas4India campaign, aimed at promoting the use of natural gas in the country.
It was launched by Union Minister of State (I/C) for Petroleum and Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan in New Delhi. He also launched the website, Twitter handle, facebook page and Theme song of the campaign.
- Gas4India is a unified cross-country, multimedia, multi-event campaign aimed at promoting the use of natural gas in the country in order to move towards a gas-based economy.
- It will communicate the national, social, economic and ecological benefits of using natural gas as the fuel of choice to every citizen.
- Public and private sector companies working in the sector will promote the natural gas sector under this campaign.
- The campaign includes social engagement via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and its official blogsite, as well as hyper local, offline events to directly connect with consumers.
Himachal Pradesh Government has launched ‘PEHAL’, a vision document of the Shimla District administration for raising education standards.
It was launched by Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh in Shimla. PEHAL is an attempt to integrate the various stakeholders in the development story of the district.
- The aim of the PEHAL programme is to identify certain thrust areas which have a direct bearing on the lives of the people at grassroots.
- The five areas identified under PEHAL are Forest Rights, Primary Education, Campaign against drugs, Health and Sanitation and skill development and Women Empowerment.
- The initiative also aims at building a resource base of semi-skilled and skilled women.
- Under Pehal, empowering the people with requisite skills under the livelihood mission will include basic masonry, electrical work, home appliances reparing and plumber courses.