Government Policies Current Affairs
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved Agriculture Export Policy, 2018 with aim to double farmer’s income by 2022. Cabinet has also approved proposal for establishment of Monitoring Framework at Centre with Ministry of Commerce as nodal Department to oversee implementation of Agriculture Export Policy. It will also have representation from various ministries and departments and agencies and representatives of concerned State Governments
Agriculture Export Policy
It is aimed at doubling agricultural exports and integrating Indian farmers and agricultural products with the global value chains. Its vision is to harness export potential of Indian agriculture, through suitable policy instruments and to make India global power in agriculture and raise farmers’ income.
- Double agricultural exports from present US$ 30+ Billion to US$ 60+ Billion by 2022 and reach US$ 100 Billion in next few years thereafter with stable trade policy regime.
- Diversify India’s export basket, destinations and also boost high value and value added agricultural exports including perishables.
- Provide institutional mechanism for pursuing market access, tackling barriers and deal with sanitary and phyto-sanitary issues.
- Strive to double India’s share in world agri-exports by integrating with global value chain at earliest.
- Promote indigenous, organic, ethnic, traditional and non-traditional agri products exports.
- Enable farmers to benefit from export opportunities in overseas market.
Elements of Agriculture Export Policy:
- Policy measures
- Holistic approach to boost exports
- Infrastructure and logistics support
- Focus on Clusters
- Promoting value-added exports
- Marketing and promotion of Brand India
- Greater involvement of State Governments in agri exports
- Attract private investments into production and processing
- Research & Development
- Establishment of strong quality regimen
Union Cabinet has approved launching of National Mission on Interdisciplinary Cyber-Physical Systems (NM-ICPS). It will be implemented by Department of Science &Technology under Ministry of Science and Technology for period of five years. The objective of Mission is to addresses ever increasing technological requirements of the society. It also takes into account international trends and road maps of leading countries for next generation technologies.
Implementation of this mission will develop and bring
- Cyber Physical Systems (CPS) and associated technologies within reach in the country,
- Adoption of CPS technologies to address India specific National / Regional issues,
- Catalyze Translational Research,
- Produce Next Generation skilled manpower in CPS,
- Accelerate entrepreneurship and start-up ecosystem development in CPS,
- Place India at par with other advanced countries and derive several direct and indirect benefits.
- Give impetus to advanced research in CPS, Technology development and higher education in Science, Technology and Engineering disciplines.
It is comprehensive mission to address technology development, application development, human resource development & skill enhancement, entrepreneurship and start-up development in CPS and associated technologies.
It aims at establishment of 15 numbers of Technology Innovation Hubs (TIH), six numbers of Application Innovation Hubs (AIH) and four numbers of Technology Translation Research Parks (TTRP).
These Hubs & TTRPs will connect to Academics, Industry, Central Ministries and State Government in developing solutions at reputed academic, R&D and other organizations across the country in a hub and spoke model.
They have four focused areas along which mission implementation will proceed viz. (i) Technology Development; (ii) HRD & Skill Development; (iii) Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Start-ups Ecosystem Development; (iv) International Collaborations.
Strategic approach involving a suitable mix of Academic, Industry and Government is proposed to be adopted. Strong Steering and Monitoring Mechanisms in the form of Mission Governing Board (MGB), Inter-Ministerial Coordination Committee (IMCC), Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC) and other Sub-Committees will guide and monitor the Mission implementation.
Significance of Mission
It will act as engine of growth, benefiting national initiatives in health, education, energy, environment, agriculture, strategic cum security, and industrial sectors, Industry 4.0, SMART Cities and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). It will help bring paradigm shift in entire skill sets requirement. It will boost job opportunities by imparting advanced skills and generating skilled manpower as per requirement of the industry and society. It will support and encourage Central ministries and departments, state governments and also industry to effectively use CPS technologies in their projects and schemes for the benefit of the society.