Government Schemes Current Affairs - 2019
PDF compilation of recent 250 updates in Government schemes can be downloaded from this link.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
North East India’s first Kisan Call Centre (KCC) was opened in Agartala, Tripura. It was launched by Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar.
The call centre is financed by Tripura government and will be run by experts of agriculture, fisheries, horticulture and animal husbandry from a private enterprise.
- KCC Agartala will work daily from 6 am to 10 pm and provide a real time advisory and immediate solution with expert consultation to farmers from Tripura on various agriculture related issues.
- It includes expert consultation seed procurement, agro-metric, fertilisers, soil health, pesticides usage and marketing of the produces.
- Farmers from neighbouring states of Tripura also will be provided by similar services by Kisan Call Centre.
Tripura also launched farmer’s portal to issue advisory to farmers for farm production under direct supervision of the experts.
Previously, Union Government had started the KCC service in all states through Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative (IFFCO). However due to the language deficiency, it failed to cater to the farmers.
Haryana Government on the eve of International Women’s Day i.e. 8 March launched ‘Aapki Beti Humari Beti’ Scheme. It was launched by Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar at Panchkula district of state.
Facts about Aapki Beti Humari Beti scheme
- This scheme aims to combat the problem of declining child sex ratio in Haryana.
- It will be implemented in in both rural and urban areas of the state.
- This scheme covers first-born girl child in Scheduled Caste (SC) and Below Poverty Line (BPL) families on or after January 22, 2015. The girl child born in these families is eligible to receive Rs. 21,000.
- It also covers all second girl child born on or after January 22, 2015 of all families. In this case the girl child is eligible to receive Rs. 21,000.
- While, in families where twin girls or multiple girls are born, each girl child will get Rs. 21,000.
Along with this scheme, Haryana Government also launched ‘Haryana Kanya Kosh’ for the welfare and development of girl child and women in the state.
Multi Sectoral Nutrition Programme was also launched to address the maternal and child nutrition in five districts of state. They are Narnaul, Palwal, Mewat, Kaithal and Fatehabad.