Government Schemes Current Affairs - 2019
PDF compilation of recent 250 updates in Government schemes can be downloaded from this link.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the Jeevan Pramaan scheme- an Aadhar based Digital Life Certificate for pensioners. This digital life certificate scheme will benefit over 1 crore pensioners who have to produce Life Certificates each year to receive pension.
Earlier, pensioner either personally presented himself before the Pension Disbursing Agency or used to submit a Life Certificate issued by authorities specified by the Central Pension Accounting Office (CPAO).
Through this certificate, a pensioner now can digitally provide proof of his existence to authorities for continuity of pension every year instead of requiring presenting himself physically or through a Life Certificate issued by specified authorities.
Key Facts about Jeevan Praman
- The Department of Electronics and IT has developed a software application which will enable the recording of the pensioner`s Aadhar number and biometric details from his mobile device or computer by plugging in a biometric reading device.
- Key details of the pensioner including date, time and biometric information will be uploaded to a central database on real-time basis.
- It will enable the Pension Disbursing Agency to access a Digital Life Certificate. This will conclusively establish that the pensioner was alive at the time of authentication.
- This software application system will be made available to pensioners and other stakeholders on a large scale at no extra cost.
- It can be operated on a personal computer or a smartphone along with an inexpensive biometric reading device.
This facility will also be made available at Common Service Centres being operated under the National e-Governance Plan for the benefit of pensioners residing in remote and inaccessible areas
NDA government is launching, the modified version of Direct Benefit Transfer for LPG ( DBTL) scheme in 54 districts from 15th November 2014 and all over the country from 1st January 2014.
The petroleum ministry is working on this in order to ensure that there is coordination between the oil companies and banks so that consumers smoothly get the LPG subsidy in their bank accounts,
Direct Benefit Transfer for LPG (DBTL) scheme is expected to save the government upto Rs 14,000 crores in subsidies and aims curbing leakages, preventing black-marketing and sending gas subsidy to the consumers’ bank accounts.
How Direct Benefit Transfer for LPG (DBTL) scheme will work?
- All LPG consumers who join the modified DBTL scheme can receive the LPG cash subsidy either by linking their Aadhaar number to the LPG and bank database as the primary option.
- Else, they will get the subsidy directly into their accounts without linking it with Aadhaar as a secondary option.
- Under the scheme, LPG consumers will get cash subsidy in their bank accounts so they can buy a cooking gas cylinder at market price.
The Prime Minister’s Office has directed the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) and the National Population Register (NPR) to complete the Aadhaar enrolment of the entire population by March, 2015r. UIDAI has already issued over 70 crore Aadhar numbers across the country.
The main intention for Aadhaar enrolment is to implement social schemes with Aadhaar.