Government Schemes Current Affairs - 2019
PDF compilation of recent 250 updates in Government schemes can be downloaded from this link.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Visitors from over 40 countries, including Germany, the US, Israel and Palestine, will soon be able to avail the electronic visa (E-Visa) facility of India. The tourism ministry along with the home ministry will launch the facility on 27th November 2014.
- In order to get an e-Visa, foreigners/tourists would need to apply on the designated website along with the required fees.
- Within 96 hours of applying on designated website, foreigners will be granted an electronic version of the visa.
- The software arrangements needed for providing e-Visa Facility are now ready and would become operational at nine international airports – Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram and Goa.
- As per the government decision, all countries, except a few in the prior list, would be brought into the e-visa regime over the next two years. But Government has barred a few countries from e-Visa Facility like Pakistan, Sudan, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Nigeria, Sri Lanka and Somalia.
- The countries which currently have Visa on Arrival (VOA) facility in India will also be covered under the new scheme.
- All countries will be included under this facility in a phase-wise manner by 2015. Russia, Brazil, Germany, Thailand, UAE, Ukraine, Jordan, Norway and Mauritius, among others, would be getting the e-visa facility in the first phase.
e-Visa facility is expected to give a big boost to foreign tourist arrivals in India and help to trap full potential tourism industry.
The Union cabinet has approved three major projects for the power sector. They are Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana, Integrated Power Development Scheme and the North Eastern Region Power System Improvement Project.
Integrated Power Development Scheme (IPDS)
- It aims to strengthen the transmission and distribution (T&D) networks, 100 per cent metering urban areas and smarten it with information technology.
- In this scheme IT enablement will help in reduction in AT&C losses, establishment energy accounting /auditing system, improvement in billed energy based on metered consumption and improvement in collection efficiency.
Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana(DDUGJY)
- DDUGJY project is based on the Gujarat model of power reforms for feeder separation of agricultural and domestic usage and strengthening of T&D infrastructure in rural areas.
- This scheme aims to help in improving in hours of power supply in rural areas, reducing peak load, improving in billed energy based on metered consumption and providing access to electricity to rural households.
North Eastern Region Power System Improvement Project (NERPSIP)
- NERPSIP is for six north eastern states viz Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Tripura and Nagaland. It is meant for strengthening of the Intra State Transmission and Distribution System.
- This project will be taken up under a new Central Sector Plan Scheme of Ministry of Power (MoP) and implemented with the assistance of World Bank loan and the budget of MoP.
- Implementation of this project will create a reliable State power grid and improve its connectivity to the upcoming load centres, and thus extend the benefits of the grid connected power to all the consumers.
- It will also provide the required grid connectivity to such villages and towns of the six states, where development of distribution system at the downstream level has been taking place under previous Government of India’s (Gol) sponsored electrification schemes.
These projects are considered as major step towards meeting the NDA government’s national objective of “Power to All” by enhancing access of consumers to grid connected power supply through improving its availability and reliability. Power to All aims facilitating inclusive growth.