Government Schemes Current Affairs - 2019
PDF compilation of recent 250 updates in Government schemes can be downloaded from this link.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
NDA government is launching, the modified version of Direct Benefit Transfer for LPG ( DBTL) scheme in 54 districts from 15th November 2014 and all over the country from 1st January 2014.
The petroleum ministry is working on this in order to ensure that there is coordination between the oil companies and banks so that consumers smoothly get the LPG subsidy in their bank accounts,
Direct Benefit Transfer for LPG (DBTL) scheme is expected to save the government upto Rs 14,000 crores in subsidies and aims curbing leakages, preventing black-marketing and sending gas subsidy to the consumers’ bank accounts.
How Direct Benefit Transfer for LPG (DBTL) scheme will work?
- All LPG consumers who join the modified DBTL scheme can receive the LPG cash subsidy either by linking their Aadhaar number to the LPG and bank database as the primary option.
- Else, they will get the subsidy directly into their accounts without linking it with Aadhaar as a secondary option.
- Under the scheme, LPG consumers will get cash subsidy in their bank accounts so they can buy a cooking gas cylinder at market price.
The Prime Minister’s Office has directed the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) and the National Population Register (NPR) to complete the Aadhaar enrolment of the entire population by March, 2015r. UIDAI has already issued over 70 crore Aadhar numbers across the country.
The main intention for Aadhaar enrolment is to implement social schemes with Aadhaar.
On 5th November 2014, Prime Minister Narendra Modi adopted Jayapur village in Varanasi under Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY). Varanasi is the Lok Sabha constituency of PM Narendra Modi.
About Jayapur village
It is located 32 km from Varanasi city centre in the Rohaniya assembly segment. The village has a population of 4000. Of them, 2700 are voters. The village is dominated by Bhumihars and Patels.
PM is scheduled to visit the village on 7th November 2014. This will be Narendra Modi’s first visit to his constituency after being sworn in as the prime minister.
The village was already adopted by the Rashtriya SwayamSevak Sangh (RSS) under its ideal village scheme in 2002. Sangh has formed three categories for villages and focused on planting trees, promoting animal husbandry.
About Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY)
The Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana, is a program launched for the development of model villages.
Under the Yojana, Members of Parliament (MPs) will be responsible for developing the socio-economic and physical infrastructure of three villages each by 2019, and a total of eight villages each by 2024.
Key objectives of the Yojana include:
- The development of model villages, called Adarsh Grams, through the implementation of existing schemes, and certain new initiatives to be designed for the local context, which may vary from village to village.
- Creating models of local development which can be replicated in other villages.
Under this SAGY, the first Adarsh Gram must be developed by 2016, and two more by 2019.
From 2019 to 2024, five more Adarsh Grams must be developed by each MP, one each year. This implies that a total of 6,433 Adarsh Grams, of the 2,65,000 gram panchayats, will be created by 2024.