Union Government has launched a single window government-to-business (G2B) portal- e-Biz (www.ebiz.gov.in) for 11 Central government services to bring transparency and ease of doing business in the country.
The portal was unveiled to public by Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley in New Delhi.
- It is government’s approach aimed at improving India’s ranking in Ease of doing business index by leveraging technology to bring transparency, improve efficiency and promote convenience.
- It provides single platform for online submission and processing of forms including online payment.
- Government has identified 10 pilot states for its initial implementation and later to expand it across the country.
The portal will provide in total 11 Union government services to meet its objective. Among the 11 services,
- 4 services are from Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) – Services such as name availability, Director Identification Number (DIN), certificate of incorporation and commencement of business.
- 2 services of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) – Provide Permanent Account Number (PAN) and Tax-Deduction Account Number (TAN).
- 2 services of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) – to simplify the process such as foreign collaboration through general permission route from RBI.
- 1 service of Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) – Know importer-exporter code (IEC).
- 1 service of Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO)- To complete employer’s registration
- 1 service of Petroleum and explosives Safety Organization (PESO)- issue of explosive licences.
Government is also planning to roll-out more than 200 services related to investors and businesses in next few years.