Grammy awards Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The 61st GRAMMY Awards were held on February 10, 2019, at Staples Center in Los Angeles. The winners are:
- Record of the Year: THIS IS AMERICA.
- Album of the Year: GOLDEN HOUR.
- Song of The Year: THIS IS AMERICA.
- Best New Artist: DUA LIPA.
- Best Pop Solo Performance: JOANNE (WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU’RE GOIN’?)
- Best Pop Duo/Group Performance: SHALLOW
- Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album: MY WAY
- Best Pop Vocal Album: SWEETENER
- Best Dance Recording: ELECTRICITY
- Best Dance/Electronic Album: WOMAN WORLDWIDE
Grammy Awards are presented by the Recording Academy to recognize achievements in the music industry. The Grammys held for the first time on May 4, 1959, are the second of the Big Three major music awards held annually (between the American Music Awards in the Fall, and the Billboard Music Awards in the Summer).
Tags: 2019 Grammy Awards • Album of the Year • Best New Artist • DUA LIPA. • GOLDEN HOUR • Grammy awards • Los Angeles • Record of the Year • Recording Academy • Song of The Year • Staples Center • THIS IS AMERICA
The 59th Annual Grammy Awards were announced by the Recording Academy announced at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California. The ceremony recognized the best recordings, compositions, and artists of the eligibility year from October 1, 2015 to September 30, 2016.
In this edition of awards, British singer Adele won the most awards in 5 different categories. She also created history by becoming first artist to win the top three categories twice (for first time in 2012).
- Album of the year: 25 – Adele
- Record of the year: Hello – Adele
- Song of the year: Hello – Adele
- Best rap album: Chance the Rapper – Coloring Book
- Best urban contemporary album: Beyonce – Lemonade
- Best country solo performance: My Church – Maren MorrisBest rock song: Blackstar – David Bowie
- Best pop duo/group performance: Stressed Out – Twenty One Pilots
- Best new artist: Chance the Rapper
- Best pop vocal album: Adele – 25
- Best pop solo performance: Hello – Adele
- Best R&B performance: Solange – Cranes In the Sky.
- Best R&B song: Maxwell – Lake By the Ocean
- Best rap performance: Chance The Rapper featuring Lil Wayne & 2 Chainz – No Problem.
- Best rap/sung performance: Drake – Hotline Bling.
- Best R&B album: Lalah Hathaway – Lalah Hathaway Live
- Best rap song: Drake – Hotline Bling
- Best metal performance: Megadeth – Dystopia
- Best rock performance: David Bowie – Blackstar
- Best dance recording: The Chainsmokers – Don’t Let Me Down
- Note: This year Indian-American tabla player Sandeep Das won Grammy Awards won Best World Music Album with Yo-Yo Ma.
About Grammy Awards
- Grammy Awards are the recording industry’s most prestigious award presented annually by National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (NARAS) of the United States.
- The first Grammy Awards ceremony was held on 4 May 1959 and originally was called Gramophone Awards.
- They are awarded to artists and technical professionals for their outstanding achievements in the English-language music industry at the annual presentation ceremony.
- The four main categories of award are Record of the Year, Album of the Year, Song of the Year and Best New Artist.