Grand Slam Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Serbian Player Novak Djokovic captured the Australian Open Title of 2020 in Men’s single. Sofia Kenin won Women’s singles at the tournament. Rajeev Ram teamed up with Joe Salisbury won the Men’s doubles.
The Australia Open 2020 was held at Melbourne. It is the first of the four Grand Slam tennis tournaments held every year. The other 3 Grand Slams include Wimbledon, French Open and US open. So far Australian Open has been conducted in 5 cities namely Melbourne, Adelaide, Sydney, Perth and Sydney. In 1906, it was conducted at the New Zealand city Christchurch and in 1912 at Hastings.
The Australian Open was first held in 1905. The nick name of Grand Slam is “Happy Slam”.
The Grand Slam title offers most ranking points. The Australian Open is held in January, French Open in May-June, Wimbledon in June-July and US Open in August-September. The Grand Slam tournaments are operated by the International Tennis Federation.
International Tennis Federation
It was founded in 1913. It maintains rules of tennis and regulates international tournaments. It also preserved sports integrity conducting anti-doping and anti-corruption programmes.
Tags: Grand Slam • Grand Slam Tennis Tournament. • Novak Djokovic • Tennis • Tennis Records
The World number one Novak Djokovic of Serbia beats Stefanos Tsitsipas of Greece to win men’s singles title in Madrid Open tennis.
- Novak Djokovic defeated Stefanos Tsitsipas in final with 6-3, 6-4 to win men’s singles title in Mutua Madrid Open. He now has 33 trophies at the elite level.
- With this win he now holds a tie with Rafael Nadal’s record of 33 ATP Masters 1000 titles.
- This is also Djokovic’s 200th victory against a Top 10 opponent (200-90).
- The 31-year-old Djokovic has never lost a championship match in Madrid (Spain capital) and he now owns 74 tour-level trophies (74-33).
- With this times title he now has won the Madrid Open for a third time. He has earlier won Madrid Open in 2011 and 2016.
- He will hold all four Grand Slam titles to his name if he wins the second French Open title scheduled to be held in June 2019.
Tags: Grand Slam • Madrid Open tennis • Mutua Madrid Open • Novak Djokovic • Rafael Nadal