GSAT-31 Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
India’s communication satellite GSAT-31 was successfully launched from the Spaceport in French Guiana. GSAT-31 was launched from the launch vehicle Ariane 5 VA-247.
Features of the GSAT-31
The important features of the GSAT-31 are:
- GSAT-31 would be placed at Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit.
- GSAT-31 will augment the Ku-band transponder capacity in Geostationary Orbit.
- GSAT-31 derives its heritage from ISRO’s earlier INSAT/GSAT satellite series and will provide continuity to operational services on some of the in-orbit satellites.
- GSAT-31 will provide DTH Television Services, connectivity to VSATs for ATM, Stock-exchange, Digital Satellite News Gathering (DSNG) and e-governance applications.
- GSAT-31 will also be used for bulk data transfer for a host of emerging telecommunication applications.
After separation from the upper stage of Ariane-5, the two solar arrays of GSAT-31 were automatically deployed in quick succession and ISRO’s Master Control Facility at Hassan in Karnataka took over the command and control of GSAT-31.
ISRO scientists will now undertake phase-wise orbit-raising manoeuvres to place the satellite in Geostationary Orbit (36,000 km above the equator) using its onboard propulsion system. The satellite would be then placed in its final orbital configuration.
Tags: Ariane 5 VA-247 • ATM services • DTH Television Services • French Guiana • Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit • GSAT • GSAT-31 • Hassan • INSAT • ISRO • Karnataka • Ku-band • Master Control Facility • Spaceport