Gujarat Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The government has launched the Pulse Polio Programme 2019. Under the programme, polio drops would be administered to children less than five years of age.
Pulse Polio Program 2019
- As part of the Pulse Polio Program 2019 more than 17 crore children of less than five years across the country will be administered polio drops.
- The pulse polio programme conducted every year aims to protect children from the polio disease by conducting two nationwide mass polio vaccination campaigns and two to three sub-national campaigns each year.
- The pulse polio programme 2019 is aimed at sustaining the polio eradication from the country. India was declared polio-free country in the year 2014.
- India’s last reported cases of wild polio were in West Bengal and Gujarat on 13 January 2011.
Further to provide additional protection to children Government has also introduced the injectable Inactivated Polio Vaccine into its routine immunization program.
Polio also known as poliomyelitis is a highly contagious viral disease caused due to the attacks the nervous system and children younger than 5 years old are more likely to contract the virus than any other group.
Poliovirus usually spreads from person to person through infected faecal matter entering the mouth. Poliovirus also spreads by food or water containing human faeces and less commonly from infected saliva.
During his two day visit to the state of Gujarat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the following development works at the state:
- The first phase of the Ahmedabad Metro Rail project. This 6.5 km stretch, connects Vastral to Apparel park area.
- Foundation Stone for the second phase of the Ahmedabad Metro Rail project which connects Motera cricket stadium to Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar.
- Launched the National Common Mobility Card- NCMC which is one card- one nation based Indigenous Automatic Fare Collection System.
- The new building of 1200 bed ultra modern super speciality hospital Medicity at Ahmedabad Civil Hospital campus.
- 590-bed cancer hospital, a 255-bed eye hospital and a dental hospital with 360 dental chairs at the Ahmedabad Civil Hospital campus.
- 51 kilometre long Patan- Bindi Railway line by digitally flagging off a goods train.
- Laid the foundation stone for 78.8 kilometres long Anand- Godhra Railway line doubling project.
- Distributed the Gold Cards to the beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Jan Aarogya Yojana- PM JAY and Ayushman Bharat Yojana.
These projects would give a boost to the socio-economic development of Gujrat.
Tags: Ahmedabad Civil Hospital • Ahmedabad Metro Rail project • Anand- Godhra Railway line • Ayushman Bharat Yojana • Gujarat • National Common Mobility Card • NCMC • Patan- Bindi Railway line • Pradhan Mantri Jan Aarogya Yojana • Prime Minister