Gujarat Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 9th edition of Vibrant Gujarat Summit. On the occasion, the Prime Minister also set the target for breaching into top 50 rankings of the ease of doing business.
The three-day Vibrant Gujarat Summit will witness the participation of the heads of five countries Uzbekistan, Rwanda, Denmark, Czech Republic and Malta – and over 30,000 national and international delegates. A round-table interaction with the heads of global funds, ‘Africa Day’ and an MSME convention would also be held during the convention.
Vibrant Gujarat Summit
Vibrant Gujarat Summit conceptualized in 2003 by then Chief Minister of Gujarat Narendra Modi, to establish Gujarat as a preferred investment destination within India.
The objectives of the Vibrant Gujarat Summit are:
- Strengthen the foundation for Gujarat to become economically and socially the most developed state in India by 2030, at par with the best in the developed world.
- Leveraging Gujarat’s manufacturing leadership in the country and it’s economic strength, to connect the global investor with India and the state.
- Attract the brightest minds from across the world to ideate, showcase innovation and best practices, and discuss their application to the state and the nation.
- Empower India to compete with the best global economies.
- Provide a platform for global business networking.
Over the time the Summit has evolved into a platform for brainstorming on agendas of global socio-economic development, in addition to being a facilitator for knowledge sharing and forging effective partnerships.
The Union Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the setting up of three new AIIMS institutions. The three new institutions would come up at Vijaynagar at Samba of Jammu Region, Awantipora in Pulwama of Kashmir Region and Rajkot in Gujarat under the pradhan mantri swasthya suraksha yojana.
The two new AIIMS for Jammu and Kashmir, one each for Jammu Region and Kashmir Region was announced by the Prime Minister under the Prime Minister’s Development Package and the AIIMS in Rajkot, Gujarat was announced by the Finance Minister in his budget speech.
Prime Minister’s Development Package
Prime Minister’s Development Package was announced as a reconstruction plan for J&K.
The Reconstruction Plan aims at expanding economic infrastructure, expanding provision of basic services, providing thrust to employment and income generation and providing relief and rehabilitation to the victims of September 2014 floods and to strengthen Disaster Management Framework of the State. The reconstruction plan also seeks to strengthen the economic and social infrastructure and provide for the balanced development of the three regions of J&K.
Benefits of New AIIMS institutions
The new AIIMS institutions are set up with the following objectives:
- Each new AIIMS will add 100 UG (MBBS) seats and 60 BSc (nursing) seats, and the new AIIMS will have 15-20 super speciality departments.
- This wills serve the dual purpose of providing super speciality healthcare to the population closer to their homes and help in creating a large pool of doctors and other health workers in these regions to strengthen the primary and secondary level institutions and facilities being created under the National Health Mission (NHM).
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) are the autonomous institutions set up under the act of parliament, AIIMS act 1956. They have been declared as Institutes of National Importance. The educational principles and practices being adopted at AIIMS are those which are best suited to the needs of the nation.
Tags: AIIMS • AIIMS act 1956 • All India Institute of Medical Sciences • Awantipora • Gujarat • Institutes of National Importance • Jammu • Kashmir • National Health Mission • pradhan mantri swasthya suraksha • Pulwama • Rajkot • Vijaynagar