Gujarat [GPSC] Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The 13th edition of World Spice Congress (WSC) will begin in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
The theme of the three-day biennial event is ‘Target 2020: Clean, Safe and Sustainable Supply Chain’.
- 13th WSC has been jointly organized by the Spices Board, Cochin Hill Produce Merchants’ Association, and India Pepper and Spice Trade Association.
- It is supported by All India Spices Importers & Distributors Association and Indian Spices & Foodstuff Exporters’ Association.
- It seeks to chalk out a credible and actionable road map to push further the growth of spices industry and address challenges faced by it across the globe.
- This edition of event will be attended by more than one thousand participants including domestic and overseas delegate, sponsors and exhibitors.
Spices are the only Indian exports that control almost half of world trade in its kind. Out of the total production of spices in India, 15 per cent is exported which contributes 48 per cent in volume and 43 per cent in value in the world spice trade.
Tags: Agricultre • Current Affairs 2016 • Events • Gujarat [GPSC] • Species
Gujarat state government has decided to set up India’s first aviation park near Bagodara village in Ahmedabad district to strengthen the aviation sector.
In this regard, state government has given this task to Gujarat State Aviation Infrastructure Company Ltd (GUJSAIL) to carry out the project.
- It is an integrated aviation park that aims to provide a single platform for manufacturing activities and human resources related to the aviation sector.
- GUJSAI is planning to develop this park on Public Private Partnership (PPP) model.
- It will one-stop destination in the avenues of research, aerospace training, recreation and manufacturing.
- This aviation park will have slew of facilities including an airstrip, helipad, training school and space for setting up small manufacturing units among others.
- It has immense potential to create direct and indirect employment for highly-skilled resources in the area of aerospace and avionics.
Tags: Aviation Park • Aviation Sector • Business • Current Affairs 2016 • Economy