Helicopter-launched missile Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Helicopter-launched anti-tank missile Helina was successfully test fired from the Integrated Test Range in Chandipur in Balasore district of Odisha.
Features of Helina-Anti Tank Missile
The important features of the Helicopter-launched anti-tank missile Helaina are:
- Helina is the indigenously designed and built missile system.
- Helina is the air-launched variant of the Nag, a fire-and-forget ATGM with an estimated range of 4 kilometers.
- Helina’s range is estimated at between 7 to 8 kilometres.
- Helina is guided by an infrared imaging seeker (IIR) operating in the lock-on before-launch mode and helps in further strengthening the defence capabilities of the country.
- The infrared imaging seeker (IIR) technology is also indigenously developed and has been demonstrated in the NAG anti-tank guided missile system.
- Helina is launched from twin-tube stub wing-mounted launchers on board Hindustan Aeronautics Limited’s (HAL) Light Combat Helicopter (LCH) and Dhruv Advanced Light Helicopters (ALH).
Helina is one of the most advanced anti-tank weapons in the world. The production and induction of the Helina missiles are likely to happen in 2019.
Tags: Anti-tank Missile • Chandipur • Dhruv Advanced Light Helicopters • fire-and-forget ATGM • HAL