Heritage Sites Current Affairs
The Union Ministry of Urban Development approved development of 6 km long Bet Dwarka Darshan Circuit in Gujarat under Heritage City Development and Augmentation Yojana (HRIDAY).
Decision in this regard, was taken HRIDAY National Empowered Committee meeting chaired by Urban Development Secretary in New Delhi.
- The circuit will connect famous Dwarkadish Haveli and Hanuman Dandi (only temple housing Hanumanji and his son Makardhwaj) in Dwarka district of Gujarat at a cost of Rs. 16.27 crore.
- There are two important water bodies along the circuit viz., Shankhudhar Lake and Ranchod Talav. Under this project development works will be undertaken along the circuit.
About Heritage City Development and Augmentation Yojana (HRIDAY)
- The HRIDAY scheme was launched in January, 2015 with a focus on holistic development of heritage cities.
- The scheme aims to preserve and revitalise soul of the heritage cities across the country to reflect their unique character by encouraging aesthetically appealing, accessible, informative & secured environment.
- It supports development of core heritage infrastructure projects that include revitalization of urban infrastructure for areas around heritage assets identified/approved by Ministry of Culture, state Governments.
- The development initiatives covered it includes improvement of water supply, sanitation, drainage, waste management, footpaths, approach roads, street lights, electricity wiring, tourist conveniences, landscaping and such citizen services.
- Since its launch, the scheme has been implemented in 12 identified heritage cities namely, Ajmer, Amaravati, Amritsar, Dwarka, Badami, Gaya, Mathura, Puri, Kanchipuram, Varanasi, Velankanni and Warangal.