Hindi Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
My Circle App was launched by Bharti Airtel in collaboration with FICCI Ladies Organisation (FLO). My Circle app aims to help women in case they face any problem or a panic situation.
My Circle App
- My Circle app enables women to send SOS alerts to any five of their family or friends in 13 languages including English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Punjabi, Bengali, Urdu, Assamese, Oriya, and Gujarati.
- A woman in distress can send an SOS alert by pressing the SOS prompt on the app.
- The SOS alert can also be activated by voice command through Siri on iOS and the statement by Airtel has stated that he voice activation through Google Assistant will soon be available on Android devices also.
- the SOS alert will send the user’s location over SMS to the five contacts selected by the user and advise them to immediately reach out or respond to the emergency situation.
- The app also enables the family or friends to track the location on real time through the link that is sent as part of the alert SM
- The free-to-download app is available on Google Play store (Android) and will be available on the App Store (iOS) soon.
My Circle App is carrier agnostic which would work on phones with any telecom service network, both Airtel and non-Airtel.
Tags: Assamese • Bengali • Bharti Airtel • English • FICCI Ladies Organisation
Social Media Platform WhatsApp has launched an India-focused fact-checking feature to combat fake news and rumours starting with the run-up to the Lok Sabha elections.
Curbing Fake News
- Users can check the authenticity of the information or rumours received on the platform by reporting the forward to the WhatsApp number +91-9643-000-888.
- The response will indicate if the information is classified as ‘true’, ‘false’, ‘misleading’, ‘disputed’ or ‘out of scope’, and include any other related information.
- Pictures, video links or texts in Hindi, Telugu, Bengali, Malayalam and English will be reviewed by WhatsApp.
- This tip line feature has been developed by WhatsApp in collaboration with India-based media skilling startup PROTO.
- The tip line feature will help to create a database of rumours to study misinformation during elections as part of a research project commissioned and assisted by WhatsApp.
As more data flows in, WhatsApp will be able to identify the most susceptible or affected issues, locations, languages, regions, etc. The verification reports Whatsapp sends back will encourage the users to send more signals for analysis.