Hindi Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Tech giant Google has unveiled a new app ‘Bolo’ that aims to help children in primary school learn to read in Hindi and English.
- It is free to use app and can be accessed through the Google Play Store.
- The app uses Google’s speech recognition and text-to-speech technology.
- Through an animated character Diya, the app encourages children to read stories aloud.
- The app also helps if the child is unable to pronounce a word.
- It lauds the reader when he/she completes the reading.
- The app also works offline. Once downloaded the user will have access to 100 stories in Hindi and English that the children can read out loud and improve their reading skills.
Google has already piloted the Bolo App in about 200 villages in Uttar Pradesh. Google cites the early results as encouraging with 64 per cent of children showing an improvement in reading proficiency in just three months. Google is now planning to collaborate with non-profit groups to enhance the reach of the app.
Tags: Bolo • Diya • English • Google • Google Play Store
Educationist and Author Govind Prasad Sharma has been appointed as the Chairman of National Book Trust (NBT).
Govind Prasad Sharma
Govind Prasad Sharma in his long carrier has served as the Principal of Government P.G. College in Madhya Pradesh, Additional Director of Higher Education of Gwalior Chambal Division, Director of Madhya Pradesh Hindi Granth Akademi and also as Vice Chairman of Madhya Pradesh Board of Secondary Education.
National Book Trust
National Book Trust (NBT) is an apex body established by the Government Of India in the Year 1957 under the Department Of Higher Education, Ministry Of Human Resource Development.
Objectives of NBT
- To produce and encourage the production of good literature in English, Hindi And Other Indian Languages.
- To make such literature available at moderate prices to the public.
- To bring out book catalogues.
- Arrange Book Fairs/Exhibitions and Seminars.
- Take all necessary steps to make the people book-minded.
To pursue these objectives NBT publishes:
- The Classical Literature of India.
- Outstanding works of Indian authors in Indian Languages and their translation from one Indian Language to another.
- Translation of outstanding books from foreign languages.
- Outstanding Books of Modern Knowledge for Popular Diffusion.
The major activities of NBT include publishing non- textbooks, organizing book fairs, book exhibitions, conducting literary events, activities for children, training in publishing throughout the country, participating in international book fairs to promote Indian literature.