Hindustan Aeronautics Limited Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
India recently handed over two Mi-24 attack helicopters to Afghanistan. The helicopters were formally handed over by Indian Ambassador to the acting Minister of National Defence of Afghanistan at Kabul Air Force base.
- Background: Under a tripartite agreement in 2018, India had agreed to finance purchase of four attack helicopter from Belarus and then deliver them to Afghanistan.
- This is the second time that India agreed to transfer lethal military equipment to Afghanistan. In December 2016 India had gifted four Mi-25 (Mi-24D) helicopters drawn from the inventory of the Indian Air Force and three Cheetah utility helicopters manufactured by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) to the Afghan Air Force (AAF). In past India has also transferred non-lethal equipment, including vehicles, communication equipment, transport choppers & medical supplies to Afghanistan.
- About: The helicopters delivered are a replacement for four attack helicopters which India gifted to Afghanistan in 2015. Soon remaining two will be sent as replacement.
- Objective: to strengthen Afghan air force against battling an increasing deadly Taliban insurgency in the backdrop of the United States (US) looking to exit war-torn country (after 17-year stay).
- Importance: The handover of Mi-24 comes at crucial time for Afghanistan, which is looking for alternative sources of funds and weapons to steady and sustain its defence forces in case of US exit and eventual consumption of international funds. India has pledged and donated more than $3billion in aid and reconstruction efforts to Afghanistan.
- Signifance: The Mi-24 helicopters will enhance effectiveness of Afghan National Defence and Security Force and will boost capability of Afghan Air Force (AAF) in combating rising terrorism in country. It will also bolster war-torn country’s capability in fight against terrorism and counter insurgency.
- It is a large helicopter gunship thus can be used for assault. It can also be used for transport missions as it can ferry up to eight people.
- Being a attack helicopters, it is designed to take on fortified enemy positions and locations prone to heavy ground fire to flying in troops.
Tags: AAF • Afghan Air Force • Afghan National Defence and Security Force • Afghanistan • Cheetah Utility Helicopters • Hindustan Aeronautics Limited • India-Afghanistan • Mi-24 • Mi-24D • Mi-25 • Taliban • US Withdrawal from Afghanistan
Langkawi International Maritime & Aerospace Exhibition 2019 (LIMA 2019) is the fifteenth edition of the Maritime & Aerospace Exhibition. LIMA 2019 was inaugurated by the Prime Minister of Malaysia, Mahathir bin Mohammed.
Langkawi International Maritime & Aerospace Exhibition
Langkawi International Maritime & Aerospace Exhibition (LIMA) provides a platform where industry stakeholders could engage and expand their networks towards forging new partnerships and business agreements.
The insights from round tables and conferences, as well as business forums, offer access to invaluable information that enables businesses to stay ahead of the competition and seize new opportunities in the dynamic market of Asia Pacific. LIMA held biennially since its debut in 1991 is the largest show of its kind within the Asia Pacific region.
Indian Presence in LIMA 2019
INS Kadmatt and India’s indigenous supersonic fighter jet Tejas are taking part in the LIMA 2019.
INS Kadmatt is an indigenous stealth anti-submarine warfare corvette of the Indian Navy. INS Kadmatt s fitted with state-of-the-art weapons, sensors and machinery and is also designed to embark the seaking anti-submarine helicopter.
India’s indigenous supersonic fighter jet Tejas has been manufactured indigenously at the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) and designed by the Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) for the Indian Air Force and the Indian Navy.
Tags: ADA • Aeronautical Development Agency • Asia-Pacific • HAL • Hindustan Aeronautics Limited • Indian Air Force • Indian Navy • INS Kadmatt • Langkawi International Maritime & Aerospace Exhibition • Langkawi International Maritime & Aerospace Exhibition 2019 • LCA-Tejas • LIMA • LIMA 2019 • Malaysia