Hindustani classical music Current Affairs - 2020
Famous classical singer Pandit Arun Bhaduri passed away on 17th December 2018 at the age of 75, after a prolonged illness. He is survived by his wife and son.
Pandit Bhaduri had been suffering for quite some time from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and other ailments.
About Pandit Arun Bhaduri:
- Pandit Arun Bhaduri was born on 7th October 1943 in Murshidabad, West Bengal.
- He was a Hindustani Classical Music and Semi-Classical Music Vocalist, initially tutored by Mohammed A. Daud Khan.
- Pandit Arun Bhaduri was an exponent on Kirana and Rampur Gharana.
- He was famous for fusing all these styles beautifully to create his own inimitable style.
- He also used to sing Bengali songs and Bhajans.
- In 2014, he was awarded Banga Bibhushan Samman. He also won many other awards.
- He had served as a guru teacher at the ITC Sangeet Research Academy.
Chief Minister of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee expressed grief over the sudden death of Pandit Bhaduri. She conveyed her condolences to the family members, friends and followers of Pandit Arun Bhaduri.
Tags: Arun Bhaduri • Hindustani classical music • Obituary
Eminent exponent of Gwalior gharana of Hindustani classical music, Pandit Narayanrao Bodas, passed away in Pune, Maharashtra after a brief illness. He was 84. He was revered for his deep voice and expressive face among actor vocalists.
Pandit Narayanrao Bodas
He was born into family connected with gayaki of Pandit Vishnu Digambar Paluskar. He learned music from his father Laxmanrao and subsequently from Pralhadpant Ganu. He had started his career as an actor-vocalist from play Saubhagyarama written by B N Purandare.
He has acted in several plays including Sangeet Saubhadra, Buddha Tithe Harala, Pati Gele Ga Kathewadi, Sangeet Mrichhakatik, Sangeet Manapman, Sangeet Mahashweta, Sangeet Saubhadra and Sangeet Sanshaykallol. He was awarded prestigious Balgandharva award by Maharashtra government for his outstanding contributions to music.
He had retired from theatre in 1993 and later worked in Mumbai University for 12 years teaching graduate and post graduate students. After retiring from university he taught music at Gandharva Mahavidyalaya in Mumbai for free from 2006.