Huis Ten Bosch theme park Current Affairs - 2020
World’s first humanoid robot-staffed hotel is set to open in Nagasaki, Japan in July 2015.
The Henn-na Hotel which means Strange Hotel will be employing Robots as its staff and other advanced technologies in order to significantly reduce operating costs.
The hotel will come up with a Huis Ten Bosch theme park which is named after a town of Netherlands.
- The hotel has been developed by Japan’s Osaka University and its robots are manufactured by the Japanese robotics company Kokoro.
- This hotel will implement in two phases. In the first phase, the two-story of hotel with 72 rooms will begin its operation in July 2015. While, the second phase will be completed in 2016 with an additional 72 rooms.
- The hotel will be staffed with actroid androids – which are human-like robots.
- These robots will function as humans to greet, carry luggage to rooms, make cups of coffee and even smile like. These robots will speak Japanese, Chinese, Korean and English.
- The hotel will have three robots that will act as receptionists, four service and porter robots, and robots engaged in menial tasks such as cleaning.
Other advanced technologies
- The hotel has facial-recognition technology to access the Guestroom doors of the hotels. While, Guests will request items through a tablet when needed.
- It will be not having air-conditioning, instead of it a radiation panel will be used. This panel will detect body heat in rooms and adjust the temperature.
- Advance solar power and other energy-saving features will be used in order to reduce operating costs.