Human Resource Ministry Current Affairs - 2020
The Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat Parv is to be inaugurated by Union Human Resource Development Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank. It is organized by Kendra Vidhyalaya Sangathan under Ministry of HRD.
Highlights of the event
- The event is organized to showcase the spirit of “Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat”. It promotes communication and artistic skills of students through various competitions
- The students will prepare their own projects and exhibits on customs, dress, agriculture, economy, climate and topography. This will act as a good platform for the children to understand the art and culture of the states.
- The event will also help the children overcome linguistic and geographical barriers and awaken a strong sense of national pride and widen their horizons with better cosmopolitan outlook.
- The regions will prepare exhibits based on theme Fit India, Swachh Bharat, Ban on Single use plastic, etc.
Kendra Vidya Sangathan
- The Kendra Vidya Sangathan is a system of central government schools that operate under Ministry of Human Resource Development
- There are over 1209 KVS in India
- It is one of the world’s largest chains of schools
- The system was begun in 1963.
- The schools are affiliated to the CBSE
- The objective is to educate the children of the Indian Defence Service personnel who are posted in remote locations. After the army begun its own Army Public schools the service was extended to the central government employees.
Tags: Culture • Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat • Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat programme • Human Resource Ministry • States
Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC) Program of Ministry of Human Resource Development’s (HRD) Innovation Cell was launched in New Delhi by Union HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar. HRD Ministry has established Innovation cell at AICTE with purpose to systematically foster culture of Innovation in all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) across the country.
Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC) Program
IIC Program is significant step in institutionalising innovation and developing a scientific temperament in the country. The purpose of formation of network of IICs is to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by exposing them to new ideas and processes resulting in innovative activities in their formative years.
More than 1000 Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) have already formed IICs in their campuses and enrolled for IIC network managed by MHRD’s Innovation cell to promote innovation through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in their campuses. Through this initiative, India hopes to get good rank in global innovation ranking in the next 2-3 years.
Innovation Cell has undertaken many initiatives for educational advancement in higher education for encouraging best practices in innovation and advance research. For this, it has implemented programs like Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievement (ARIIA), Smart India Hackathon (SIH)- 2019, etc.