Hunar Haat Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Ministry of Union Minority Affairs organizes “Hunar Haat”. The event intends to provide employment opportunities to traditional culinary experts, artisans and craftsmen. The theme of the events to be organized between 2019 and 2020 will be based on
Theme: Ek Bharat Shresth Bharat
- The artisans will bring indigenous handmade exquisite pieces of bamboo and cane
- The event also includes the participation of Jute products from Assam, marble products from Uttar Pradesh, Copper products from Gujarat, Mangalgiri and Kalamkari products from Andhra Pradesh, Madhubani painting from Bihar, rare Ayurvedic herbs from Kashmir, etc.
- The event has proved to effective providing employment opportunities to more than 2 lakh 50 thousand artisans and craftsmen in the last three years.
- A large number of women artisans from various parts of the country will participate in the event
- This will provide traditional delicacy to the visitors
About Hunar Haat
Hunar Haat is an exhibition of handicrafts and traditional products made by artisans from the Minority communities. It is organized by Ministry of Minority Affairs. The scheme aims to establish Hunar Hub in all the states where programs like Hunar Haati and other cultural events are to be organized.
Hunar Haat is organized under USTTAD (Upgrading the Skills and Training in Traditional Arts/Crafts for Development) scheme.
Tags: Employment • Handicraft Artisans • Hunar Haat • Minority Communities • USTTAD scheme
Finance Minister Shri Arun Jaitley and Union Minority Affairs Minister Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi inaugurated Hunar Haat exhibitions in New Delhi. Hunar Haat plays an important role in national and international branding of the heritage of master artisans in India. Hunar Haat is aimed at “Development with Dignity” of the artisans and craftsmen from the minority communities.
Benefits from Hunar Haat
Hunar Haat provides following benefits:
- Projecting the talent of Indian artisans.
- Build a credible brand of Indigenous Talent of Indian artisans and craftsmen.
- Promoting the artisan and craftsmen heritage of India which had been marginalised for a long time.
- Provides an Empowerment & Employment Exchange platform for master artisans and craftsmen.
- Provides a platform to fulfil the commitments under “Make in India”, “Stand up India” and “Startup India”.
Hunar Haat exhibitions are organised by the Ministry of Minority affairs under its USTAAD (Upgrading the Skills & Training in Traditional Arts/Crafts for Development) scheme.
USTAAD scheme aims to preserve the heritage of traditional arts and crafts of minority communities, build the capacity of traditional craftspersons and artisans and establish linkages of traditional skills with the global market
Together with boosting the skill of craftsmen, weavers and artisans engaged in the traditional ancestral work, USTAAD scheme aims to enhance the market access to the traditional arts and crafts , so that the rich heritage of the minority communities are preserved for future generations.