ICGS AYUSH Current Affairs
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Indian Coast Guard Ship ICGS AYUSH was commissioned at Kochi, Kerala by Vice Admiral AR Karwe, Flag Officer Commanding-in- Chief, Southern Naval Command.
ICGS AYUSH is the 20th and the last in the series of 20 Fast Patrol Vessels (FPVs) built by Cochin Shipyard Ltd.
- ICGS AYUSH is fitted with state-of- the-art navigational and communication equipment including Integrated Bridge System (IBS) and Machinery Control System (MCS).
- The ship is capable of undertaking multifarious tasks such as surveillance, interdiction, search and rescue, anti-smuggling and medical evacuation.
- It will also play a secondary role of providing a communication link and escort coastal conveys in times of war.
- The ship will be based at Krisnapatnam (Andhra Pradesh), under the administrative and operational control of Commander, Coast Guard Region.
- FPVs are intended to help secure Indian waters by patrolling within the Exclusive Economic Zone and help in fisheries protection.