Indian Coast Guard Ship ICGS AYUSH was commissioned at Kochi, Kerala by Vice Admiral AR Karwe, Flag Officer Commanding-in- Chief, Southern Naval Command.
ICGS AYUSH is the 20th and the last in the series of 20 Fast Patrol Vessels (FPVs) built by Cochin Shipyard Ltd.
- ICGS AYUSH is fitted with state-of- the-art navigational and communication equipment including Integrated Bridge System (IBS) and Machinery Control System (MCS).
- The ship is capable of undertaking multifarious tasks such as surveillance, interdiction, search and rescue, anti-smuggling and medical evacuation.
- It will also play a secondary role of providing a communication link and escort coastal conveys in times of war.
- The ship will be based at Krisnapatnam (Andhra Pradesh), under the administrative and operational control of Commander, Coast Guard Region.
- FPVs are intended to help secure Indian waters by patrolling within the Exclusive Economic Zone and help in fisheries protection.