ICLEI Current Affairs - 2020
The 4th Resilient Cities Asia-Pacific 2019 Congress is being organised by International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives (ICLEI) and hosted by South Delhi Municipal Corporation in New Delhi. The congress will offer cities & regions from Asia-Pacific a variety of innovative solutions that build resilience to climate change at the sub-national level.
The congress will host combination of high-level plenaries and technical sessions on the implementation and achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals, the Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs), and the New Urban Agenda of 2016, while at the same time bringing together experts and practitioners who will share their experiences and encourage cities to take actions on resilience.
Objectives of RCAP Congress 2019
- To share and learn about good urban resilience practices and showcase innovative ideas, solutions and initiatives
- To provide local governments with exposure and access to tools and processes that help mainstream resilience considerations into policy and practice
- To provide a networking platform to promote concerted and coordinated action in Asia among the main players in the field of urban resilience
- To explore tangible opportunities for creating partnerships between local governments and the private sector
- To bring together funders and cities and facilitate the match-making between available financial resources and current cities’ needs.
The Congress was inaugurated by Vice-President Venkiah Naidu. The outcomes of the RCAP 2019 will be presented in the Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) Conference to be held in Berlin in June this year.