ICT Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The DEFCOM 2019 is scheduled to be held on 26 and 27 November 2019 at Manekshaw Centre, New Delhi. The curtain raiser ceremony for event was held on 22 October 2019 at India Habitat Centre (IHC) New Delhi. DEFCOM 2019 will seek to deliberate on theme, ‘Communications as a Decisive Catalyst for Jointness’.
It is a landmark symposium for collaboration between Indian armed forces, academia and industry, research and development organisations, and the Industry on aspects pertaining to Information and Communications Technology (ICT).
DEFCOM seminar is jointly organised by Corps of Signals and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
The seminar stresses on the need for the three services to be able to seamlessly communicate with each other from strategic to tactical level.
Over the years, most crucial role played by DEFCOM was in promoting collaboration between armed forces and industry in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) domain.
Tags: Confederation of Indian Industry • Corps of Signals • DEFCOM • ICT • Indian Armed Forces
The Minister of Electronics and Information Technology (MeiTY) Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad unveiled a series of new initiatives at the Start-Up Summit at New Delhi
Highlights of the summit
- The MeitY Startup Hub was launched. The Hub will facilitate the vision of the Ministry towards technology, startups, innovation and creation of intellectual properties. The Software Technology Parks of India will act as the nodal agency in implementing the scheme
- The summit aims to bring the key stake holders and startups of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Internet of Things (IoT) together
- During the summit the entrepreneurs and startups will share effective techniques and strategies.
- The participators of the summit will also work together to bring in focus of venture capital and government around their processes and strategies.
Highlights of the Ministers’ speech in the event
- “Reform, Preform and Transform” are the key focus areas of the GoI
- The Transformation Technology schemes in India are playing a vital role. It includes Digital India, make in India, Startup India and Smart Cities
- The Digital Initiatives like eNam, Digital payments and eVisas have shown tremendous maturity and growth
- Around 1.25 lakh Gram Panchayats are connected to optical fiber.
- The TIDE-Technology Incubation and Development of Entrepreneurs launched in 2008 and the TIDE 2.0 version launched in June 2018 has multi prolonged approach in diverse areas like ICT, management and Electronics.