Iranian film “Daughter” has won the coveted Golden Peacock award at the 47th International Film Festival of India (IFFI).
It has been directed by Reza Mirkarimi. It is a family drama set in southern Iran. It brings out intergenerational conflict between a strict father and a young daughter.
Union Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore conferred these awards during the concluding ceremony of IFFI held in Goa.
Other Category Awards
- Special jury award: The Throne (South Korea) directed by Lee Joon-Ik.
- Best Actor Female award: Elina Vaska (Latvia) for Mellow Mud.
- Best Actor Male award: Farhad Aslani (Iran) for Daughter.
- Best Director award: Jointly-shared by Soner Caner and Baris Kaya for Turkish film “Rauf”.
- ICFT UNESCO Gandhi Medal Prize: Turkish director Mustafa Kara for his film “Cold of Kalandar”.
- Special Jury mention award: Tiffany Hsuig for the Korean movie “The Apology”.
- Centenary Award for the Best Debut Feature of the director: Pepa San Martin for the film “Ra Ra”.