IGCS Shourya Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL) has launched Indian Coast Guard Ship (ICGS) Shaurya at Panaji.
It was launched by the Governor of Goa, Mridula Sinha, in the presence of GSl and ICG officials.
- ICGS Shaurya is fifth of a series of six Offshore Patrol Vessels (OPVs) designed in-house and built by GSL.
- The vessel is 105-metre long and is capable of cruising at a speed of 23 knots. It has a range of 6000 nautical miles.
- It is powered by twin diesel engines and carries four boats for boarding party operations. It is fitted with state-of-the-art navigation and communication equipment.
- The ship’s weaponry package has one 30 mm gun and two 12.7 mm guns associated with fire control system.
- ICGS Shaurya will be commissioned into service in 2017. It will be deployed for search and rescue operations, pollution control and external firefighting.
- It will also be deployed for monitoring sea lanes of communication and ocean surveillance.