IGMDP Current Affairs
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Indigenously developed Prithvi-II missile was successfully test fired from the Chandipur, off Odisha coast.
Test- It was conducted by the Strategic Force Command (SFC) and was monitored by the scientists from Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
As part of a user trial, the missile test was carried out from a mobile launcher from launch complex-3 of the Integrated Test Range (ITR). The test has met all its mission objectives.
About Prithvi-II missile
- Prithvi-II missile is the first missile to be developed by DRDO under India’s prestigious IGMDP (Integrated Guided Missile Development Program).
- Range: It is surface-to-surface medium range ballistic missile with a strike range of 350 km.
- Warheads: It is capable of carrying 500 kg to 1000 kg of warheads.
- It is thrusted by liquid propulsion twin engines and uses advanced inertial guidance system along with manoeuvring trajectory to hit its target precisely.
- Prithvi-II already has been inducted into India’s armed forces in 2003. The last user trial of it was successfully conducted in November 2015 from the same test range.
- Variants: Prithvi-I for the Indian Army, Prithvi-II for the Indian Air Force, and Dhanush Missile for Indian Navy.