IISU Current Affairs
Noted scientist M V Dhekane has assumed the office of Director of ISRO Inertial Systems Unit (IISU), Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
With this Dhekane becomes the seventh director of IISU which functions under the aegis of the Department of Space.
About M V Dhekane
- M V Dhekane is B-Tech graduate in electrical engineering and M-tech (Systems and Control) from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Mumbai.
- He had had joined Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC) in 1983.
- He has rich experience and expertise in the launch vehicle control and guidance design, mission design and analysis and onboard software development.
- Earlier he also had various significant positions in ISRO at VSSV such as Deputy Director, Control, Guidance & Simulation Entity, Chief Controller and Associate Director (R&D).
About ISRO Inertial Systems Unit (IISU)
- IISU is a research and development (R&D) unit of the ISRO that functions under the aegis of Department of Space. It is located in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- Its specialized fields include inertial sensors and systems in satellite technology, fields of launch vehicle inertial systems, spacecraft inertial systems, inertial system production, inertial sensors evaluation and simulation, inertial systems electronic production, reliability and quality assurance and advanced inertial systems group.