IIT Hyderabad Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Infosys Foundation has constituted Aarohan Social Innovation Awards to reward individuals, teams or NGOs developing solutions for the social sector.
Aarohan Social Innovation Awards
- Aarohan Social Innovation Awards are aimed at nurturing the culture of innovation in the social sector to scale positive change across the country and thereby provide a platform to help the solutions scale.
- The awards would be given away in six categories spanning healthcare, destitute care, rural development, women’s safety and empowerment, education and sport and sustainability.
- The awards are part of the Infosys Foundation’s endeavour to support individuals and non-government organisations (NGOs) acting on their good intentions towards society and help them turn their ideas into action.
- Those projects which are from a non-commercial venture and has a functioning prototype and not a concept, idea or mock-up would be considered for the awards.
- The award will also provide winners with an opportunity for residential mentorship at IIT Hyderabad up to 12 weeks at its campus to help them develop their solutions and scale them for social impact.
Infosys Foundation established in 1996 is a not-for-profit initiative of Infosys Ltd. It aims to support the underprivileged sections of society by creating opportunities for building a more equitable society. The foundation supports programs in the areas of education, rural development, healthcare, arts and culture, and destitute care.
Tags: Aarohan Social Innovation Awards • Education • IIT Hyderabad • Infosys Foundation • NGO • Non-governmental Organisation • Rural Development • Social Innovation • sport and sustainability. • Women's empowerment • women's safety
IIT Hyderabad has announced the launch of a full-fledged bachelor’s programme in Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology. IIT Hyderabad has become the first institute in the country to launch full-fledged Bachelor’s programme in AI technology. IIT Hyderabad will be the third institute to globally to offer the B.Tech course in AI.
Other institutes providing similar courses in AI are US-based Carnegie Mellon University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
Artificial Intelligence refers to the process of making a computer, a computer-controlled robot or a software think intelligently, in a similar manner the intelligent humans think.
Artificial Intelligence is designed by studying how human brain thinks, and how humans learn, decide, and work while trying to solve a problem, and then using the outcomes of this study as a basis of developing intelligent software and systems.
About the Course
The Bachelor’s course in AI would fill the demand gap which far exceeds the current supply. The Bachelor’s course in AI will train students in the fundamentals of computer science, AI and Machine Learning, in addition to sensitising them to the ethical issues in deploying AI-based solutions. The course would focus on application verticals such as healthcare, agriculture, smart mobility, among many others.