IIT Hyderabad Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), the global internet body and and Indian apex body for IT industry NASSCOM (National Association of Software and Services Companies) announced collaboration for working in developing standards and identifier technology that will feed into the global consultation for managing Internet-of-Things (IoT) devices and infrastructure using internet.
Under the partnership, both ICANN & NASSCOM will 1st focus on updating Internet of Things (IoT) devices using domain name system (DNS) even in situation when manufacturer or supplier has closed down the business.
The collaboration will provide a structure for both bodies to jointly identify research projects, predominantly in new technologies related to internet’s system of unique identifiers. The research project undertaken will look at directing people who are looking to update their IoT to other manufacturers/vendor in case if original vendor has closed down his business.
First Project: 1st research project undertaken focuses on testing the use of DNS to update IoT firmware and studying how proposed technology could scale outside a lab environment.
Project Team: under collaboration includes ICANN technical experts, NASSCOM’s Centre of Excellence-IOT team, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Hyderabad team and participants from Education and Research Network (ERNET) of India.
The teams have already begun research on DNS and Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) in context of Internet of Things (IoT) in 2018.
It is nonprofit global organization that is responsible for allocating IP addresses, managing domain name system (DNS) and also overlooks all internet plumbing on behalf of governments, universities and companies, as well as public.
It is often dubbed as phone book of internet as it matches domain names with appropriate IP address numbers.
Although this global multi-stakeholder organization was created by United States (US) government but since March 2016, ICANN is no longer overseen by US government and has roped in now into the hands of lesser known organisation that will have a number of countries on board.
Tags: Domain Name System • Education and Research Network • ERNET • ICANN • IIT Hyderabad • Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers .ICANN • Internet of Things • Internet Protocol version 6 • IoT • IPv6 • NASSCOM • National Association of Software and Services Companies
The Infosys Foundation has constituted Aarohan Social Innovation Awards to reward individuals, teams or NGOs developing solutions for the social sector.
Aarohan Social Innovation Awards
- Aarohan Social Innovation Awards are aimed at nurturing the culture of innovation in the social sector to scale positive change across the country and thereby provide a platform to help the solutions scale.
- The awards would be given away in six categories spanning healthcare, destitute care, rural development, women’s safety and empowerment, education and sport and sustainability.
- The awards are part of the Infosys Foundation’s endeavour to support individuals and non-government organisations (NGOs) acting on their good intentions towards society and help them turn their ideas into action.
- Those projects which are from a non-commercial venture and has a functioning prototype and not a concept, idea or mock-up would be considered for the awards.
- The award will also provide winners with an opportunity for residential mentorship at IIT Hyderabad up to 12 weeks at its campus to help them develop their solutions and scale them for social impact.
Infosys Foundation established in 1996 is a not-for-profit initiative of Infosys Ltd. It aims to support the underprivileged sections of society by creating opportunities for building a more equitable society. The foundation supports programs in the areas of education, rural development, healthcare, arts and culture, and destitute care.
Tags: Aarohan Social Innovation Awards • Education • IIT Hyderabad • Infosys Foundation • NGO • Non-governmental Organisation • Rural Development • Social Innovation • sport and sustainability. • Women's empowerment • women's safety