The global advertising agency McCann bagged Tourism Ministry’s ‘Incredible India’ advertising campaign for the period of three years. The current campaign is advertised by Ogilvy India.
McCann was selected because of its unique consumer understanding, deep knowledge about India’s culture and for its excellent creative work in field of advertising.
Currently McCann is responsible for the set of four commercials for Tourism Ministry’s ‘Atithi Devo Bhava’ campaign featured by superstar Aamir Khan.
Recent Government initiatives in Tourism sector:
- The National Tourism Policy to boost the tourism industry and infrastructure projects in the sector.
- Relaunch of Incredible India 2.0 which also aims to create synergy for community participation.
- Initiative of e-visa on arrival has been fruitful as it has given fillip to tourism sector.
- Launching of a 500 crore rupees mega project ‘Swadesh Darshan’.
- Approval for the establishment of National Tourism and Hospitality University.
Note: MaCann is the global advertising company incorporated in 1902. It is operating in 120 countries and headquartered at United States.