India and world Current Affairs
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
India and Tanzania have inked various agreements including for cooperation in the field of statistics, hydrography, agricultural science and tourism.
These agreements were signed in presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his counter Tanzanian President Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete in New Delhi.
Apart from signing these agreements both nations also agreed to set up a joint working group on counter-terrorism and increase gas exploration cooperation in the east African nation.
It should be noted that President of Tanzania is on a five-day tour to India from 17 June to 21 June 2015. He is the first head of state from Africa to visit India after the PM Narendra Modi led Government came to power in 2014.
Signed agreements are
- MoU on establishing a collaborative program in official statistics: It was signed for capacity building of EASTC Staff and other African Countries in Official Statistics.
- Signatory parties are Tanzania’s East Africa Statistical Training Center (EASTC) and India’s National Statistical System Training Academy (NSSTA).
- MoU on cooperation in Agricultural Statistics, Computer Applications and Bio-informatics: for capacity building in Staff of Tanzania’s EASTC and other African Countries in Agricultural Statistics, Computer Applications and Bio-informatics.
- Signatory parties are EASTC and Indian Agricultural Statistics Research Institute (IASRI), Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR).
- MoU on Cooperation in the field of Tourism: Enhance bilateral cooperation in Tourism and hospitality sectors.
- Loan agreement to operationalise the LoC: Loan agreement on LOC for US 268.35 million dollars for extension of Lake Victoria pipeline project.
- Signatory parties are Exim Bank and Government of Tanzania (GoT).
- MOU for Cooperation in the field of Hydrography along with Protocol on exchange of Hydrographic Data: Promote development and cooperation in the field of Hydrography through conducting surveys, capacity building, exchange of data and infrastructure strengthening.
- Agreement for appointing the former as PMC: The agreement will pave way for preparing Detailed Project Report (DPR) for Lake Victoria pipeline project.
- Signatory parties are Water and Power Consultancy Services (WAPCOS), PSU under the Ministry of Water Resources of Union Government and Government of Tanzania.