India-Bangladesh Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Prime Minister Narendra Modi along with his Bangladeshi Counterpart Sheikh Hasina jointly unveiled e-plaques for development projects in Bangladesh, through video conferencing.
Development Projects Inaugurated
- Supply of buses & trucks.
- Inauguration of 36 community clinics.
- 11 water treatment plants.
- Extension of National Knowledge Network to Bangladesh.
National Knowledge Network
National Knowledge Network (NKN) is a state-of-the-art pan-Indian resource sharing network aimed at digitally connecting all national universities, colleges and research establishments to create country-wide virtual classrooms.
National Knowledge Network project was initiated in 2009 for a period of 10 years. At present, the National Knowledge Network programme is a component of the umbrella “Digital India” programme.
NKN facilitates advanced distance education in specialized fields like engineering, science, medicine etc. as well as enable an ultra-high speed e-Governance backbone. NKN will bridge the existing knowledge gap in the country and help the country evolve as a Knowledge Society and also spur economic activities in the Knowledge domain.
As part of its confidence-building measures, India had extended the NKN project to six South Asian Association of Regional Cooperation (SAARC) member states Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka, leaving out Pakistan.
Tags: Afghanistan • Bangladesh • Bhutan • Digital India • e-governance • India-Bangladesh • Maldives • National Knowledge Network • Nepal • Pakistan • SAARC • South Asian Association of Regional Cooperation • Sri Lanka
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the BOLD-QIT Surveillance along Dhubri district in Assam on the India Bangladesh border.
- BOLD-QIT stands for Border electronically dominated quick response team interception technique.
- BOLD-QIT Surveillance is part of the Integrated Border Management System (CIBMS).
- BOLD-QIT together with help the Border Security Force (BSF) in curbing all types of cross border crimes it will also provide respite to the troops from round the clock human surveillance.
- BOLD-QIT project involves the data network generated by microwave communication along with other paraphernalia, day and night surveillance cameras, and intrusion detection system.
- These modern gadgets under BOLD-QIT provide feeds to the BSF control rooms on the border and enable BSF Quick Reaction Teams to thwart any possibility of illegal cross border crossing and crimes.
Why the Dhubri Sector along the India-Bangladesh border is critical?
It is in the region of the Dhubri Sector the river Brahmaputra enters into Bangladesh. This region comprises of vast char lands and innumerable river channels. This geography of the region makes the border guarding in the area a daunting task, especially during the rainy season.
Hence the technological intervention along with the physical presence of BSF was envisaged to thwart any possibility of illegal cross border crossing and crimes. BOLD-QIT Surveillance makes the border management system more robust.