India-Bangladesh Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
India and Bangladesh will jointly produce a feature movie on life and works of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman (founding father of People’s Republic of Bangladesh) and also a documentary on Bangladesh Liberation War (1971). India’s state broadcaster Prasar Bharati will co-produce the film.
- The decision was taken after Bangladeshi delegation led by Dr. Gowher Rizvi (adviser to Prime Minister of Bangladesh) recently met secretary and other officials of Information & Broadcasting Ministry and focussed on various aspects of making of feature film.
- The announcement is a culmination of three-year dialogue between India and Bangladesh on the issue. Earlier, decision of co-production was announced by Prime Ministers of India Narendra Modi and of Bangladesh Prime Ministers Sheikh Hasina.
- The movie announcement comes in backdrop of raging debate on National Register of Citizens (NRC) in northeast which seeks to disenfranchise Bangladeshi migrants.
- Movie on Sheikh Mujibur Rahman will be directed by renowned filmmaker Shyam Benegal and script will be written by Atul Tiwari.
- Bangladeshi Delegation assured full cooperation in ensuring smooth logistics for shooting movie in Bangladesh.
- For documentary on Bangladesh Liberation War (1971) it was mutually agreed that director would be from Bangladesh and he will be assisted by a co-director from India.
- Other decisions: Prasar Bharati agreed to carry Bangladesh TV on DD Free Dish platform without charging carriage fees (i.e. free of cost.). In a reciprocal gesture, delegation from Bangladesh announced that a Doordarshan channel will be adopted on the about to launched DTH platform of Bangladesh. A working agreement on cooperation between All India Radio (India’s national public radio broadcaster) and Bangladesh Betar (state-owned radio broadcasting organisation of Bangladesh) was also agreed upon between the two countries starting from next month.
Tags: 1971 war • All India Radio • angabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman • Atul Tiwari • Bangladesh Betar • Bangladesh Liberation War • Bangladesh Prime Ministers Sheikh Hasina • India-Bangladesh • Information & Broadcasting Ministry • NRC • Prasar Bharati • Prime Ministers of India Narendra Modi • Sheikh Mujibur Rahman • Shyam Benegal
Prime Minister Narendra Modi along with his Bangladeshi Counterpart Sheikh Hasina jointly unveiled e-plaques for development projects in Bangladesh, through video conferencing.
Development Projects Inaugurated
- Supply of buses & trucks.
- Inauguration of 36 community clinics.
- 11 water treatment plants.
- Extension of National Knowledge Network to Bangladesh.
National Knowledge Network
National Knowledge Network (NKN) is a state-of-the-art pan-Indian resource sharing network aimed at digitally connecting all national universities, colleges and research establishments to create country-wide virtual classrooms.
National Knowledge Network project was initiated in 2009 for a period of 10 years. At present, the National Knowledge Network programme is a component of the umbrella “Digital India” programme.
NKN facilitates advanced distance education in specialized fields like engineering, science, medicine etc. as well as enable an ultra-high speed e-Governance backbone. NKN will bridge the existing knowledge gap in the country and help the country evolve as a Knowledge Society and also spur economic activities in the Knowledge domain.
As part of its confidence-building measures, India had extended the NKN project to six South Asian Association of Regional Cooperation (SAARC) member states Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka, leaving out Pakistan.
Tags: Afghanistan • Bangladesh • Bhutan • Digital India • e-governance • India-Bangladesh • Maldives • National Knowledge Network • Nepal • Pakistan • SAARC • South Asian Association of Regional Cooperation • Sri Lanka