India-Czech Republic Current Affairs - 2020
India and Czech Republic have signed five agreements on defence, scientific and industrial research, laser technology, agriculture and diplomatic visa waiver. These agreements were signed after delegation-level talks between Indian President Ram Nath Kovind and Czech Republic counterpart Milos Zeman in Prague, capital of Czech Republic. President Kovind visited Czech Republic on final leg of his state visit to three European nations – Cyprus, Bulgaria and Czech Republic.
Five agreements signed are
- Cooperation between India’s Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and Czech Academy of Sciences.
- Work plan to support Indo-Czech projects in diverse areas of science and technology. Department of Science and Technology will be taking lead from Indian side for this.
- Visa waiver agreement for diplomatic passport holders.
- Cooperation in laser technology between Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) and ELI Beamlines.
- Cooperation between Haryana Agricultural University and Czech University of Life Sciences
In addition, both countries also agreed to initiate cooperation in civil nuclear energy. Details of prospective agreement to be signed between Global Centre for Nuclear Energy Partnership, Jhajjar (Haryana) and relevant Czech institution are to be worked out.