India-Indonesia Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
India has signed two keys Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) with Indonesia to strengthen it ties with its maritime neighbour.
These MoUs were inked in the presence of Vice President Hamid Ansari and his counterpart Jusuf Kala after their bilateral talks in Jakarta.
MoUs signed are
- New and Renewable Energy sector: It would serve the commitments both nations made to reduce carbon emissions by 2030 by 35 (India) and 29 (Indoesia) per cent respectively.
- Cultural Exchange programme for three years from 2015 to 2018.
Tags: Culture • Current Affairs 2016 • Hamid Ansari • India-Indonesia • Renewable Energy
India and Indonesia have signed a pact for repatriation of wanted prisoners and cooperate in all criminal matters, including gathering evidence.
In this regard Union Ministry of Home Affairs has issued an official gazette notification for service or execution of summons or warrant in relation to criminal matters in both countries.
Under the agreement
- India will execute summons to an accused person (or any person) requiring to produce documents and attend or a search-warrant issued by an Indonesian court.
- Indonesia will reciprocate with similar action to execute summons if there is any request from any Indian court.
- Such summons or warrant would be sent to its Internal Security Division-II for transmission to the central authority i.e. the Ministry of Law and Human Rights of Indonesia.