India-Japan Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Former Indian Foreign Secretary Shyam Saran is selected for Japan’s Second Highest National Award called ‘The Order of the Rising Sun, Gold and Silver Star’.
- The Government of Japan recently announced in its 2019 Spring Imperial Decorations, that it will confer the 72-year-old Former foreign secretary Shyam Saran, ‘The Order of the Rising Sun, Gold and Silver Star’.
- He will be conferred for his contributions in strengthening strategic ties and enhancing mutual understanding between India and Japan.
About Shyam Saran
- He served as India’s Foreign Secretary from year 2004 to 2006 during which he played an important role in elevating India-Japan relationship to a strategic partnership.
- During his tenure Junichiro Koizumi, (then Japanese Prime Minister) visited India for first time in 5 years.
- During his tenure as Deputy Chief of Mission of Embassy of India in Japan he contributed in strengthening mutual understanding between India and Japan. His contributions includes “India Festival“, that was held in Japan in 1988.
- Since 2017 he has worked towards enhancing mutual understanding between two countries, by hosting events like an “India-Japan Colloquium“.
About The Order of the Rising Sun
- It is the Japanese government’s Second Highest National Honour. It was established by Japanese Emperor Meiji in 1875.
- It is awarded for an exceptional civil or military merit.
Tags: 2019 Spring Imperial Decorations • India Festival • India-Japan • India-Japan Colloquium • Japan’s Second Highest National Award • Japanese Emperor Meiji • Junichiro Koizumi • Shyam Saran • The Order of the Rising Sun Gold and Silver Star
The first bilateral air exercise SHINYUU Maitri-18 between Japanese Air Self Defence Force (JASDF) and Indian Air Force (IAF) began at Air Force Station Agra. The theme of this exercise is joint Mobility/Humanitarian Assistance & Disaster Relief (HADR) on Transport aircraft.
The focus of the exercise is set for IAF and JASDF crews to undertake Joint Mobility/ HADR operations. IAF and JASDF will also practice display of heavy loading/off loading during this exercise. In this exercise, JASDF will be participating with C2 aircraft along with aircrew and observers. IAF is participating with C-17 and An-32 aircraft with aircrew and observers.