India Japan summit Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
President Ram Nath Kovind will begin his seven-day visit to Philippines and Japan on 17th October, 2019. The President’s first visit will be Philippines. He will hold delegation level restricted talks with his Filipino counter part Rodrigo Roa Duterte. He leaves for Japan on October 21, 2019. President is visiting Japan to attend the Enthronement ceremony of the Japanese emperor Naruhito.
The bilateral trade between India and Japan is around 15.71 billion USD. India has been the most attractive destination of Japanese manufacturing countries. The FDI to India from Japan has been electrical equipment, automobile, telecommunications, pharmaceuticals and chemicals.
There are around 34,348 Indians living in Japan.
The trade between India and Philippines is around 1.6 billion USD (2016-17). Around 1,20,000 Indians are living in Philippines as of December 2018.
Tags: India Japan summit • India-Japan • India-Philippines • Presdient Ram Nath Kovind • President of India
The annual bilateral summit of India –Japan held on 28, 29 October 2018 in Japan. The Indian prime minister visited Japan to attend the summit. The partnership between the two countries has been transformed a lot and it has now become as a ‘special strategic and global partnership’.
- Japan investors will invest around $2.5 US dollars in India.
- The two sides agreed for a 2+2 dialogue between our foreign ministers and defence ministers to further work towards world peace.
- An India-Japan Business Platform will be established to enhance the development of industrial corridors and industrial network in the region
- Both countries will cooperate for the first time in the areas of traditional medicinal systems such as Yoga and Ayurveda. This will facilitate a boost in the healthcare in both the countries.
- Both the countries have agreed to synchronize upon sharing benefits of the Ayushman Bharat scheme and the Japanese healthcare programme.
- There will be commencement of talks on a military logistics pact, the Acquisition and Cross Servicing Agreement, between the two nations that will ensure the access to each other’s military bases and naval bases.
- Japan will invest more significantly in the up gradation of infrastructure in the Northeast which will also link India to Southeast Asia.
- The two countries will work together to extend access to education, health and other amenities to the people of the Indo-Pacific, including Africa.
- Japan-India Investment Promotion Roadmap enhanced the contribution of Japan in India’s Make in India initiative with establishment of Business Support Centre in Ahmedabad.
India–Japan recent ties
Cooperation in Sri Lanka, in the development of LNG-related infrastructure and in Africa, in the area of health service – developing a cancer hospital in Kenya
Cooperation in Myanmar, to facilitate development efforts in the Rakhine State Cooperation in Bangladesh, for improving connectivity on the Ramgarh to Baraiyarhat stretch and constructing the Jamuna Railway Bridge over the Januma River. The Act East Forum established last year has served as a driving force to improve India-Japan cooperation in the North-East. The cooperation in the project for the construction of International Cooperation and Convention center in Varanasi. India and Japan are cooperating to construct the Mumbai Ahmedabad High Speed Rail (MAHSR).
Tags: Act East Forum • India Japan summit • India-Japan Business Platform • Mumbai Ahmedabad High Speed Rail