India-Mongolia Current Affairs - 2020
The Union Cabinet has approved a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Nepal for construction of petroleum products pipeline from Raxaul (Bihar) in India to Amlekhgunj in Nepal.
The MoU seeks to promote bilateral cooperation in the oil and gas sector between both neighbouring countries and secure long term supply of petroleum products to Nepal.
Raxaul-Amlekhgunj petroleum pipeline: In the first phase it will be constructed by Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) on behalf of Indian Government at a cost of 200 crore rupees. IOC will be also engaged in re-engineering and construction of the Amlekhgunj Depot and allied facilities.
Approval to MoU between India and Mongolia
The Union Cabinet also gave its ex-post-facto approval to MoU between India and Mongolia to establish cooperative institutional relationship and to promote and encourage technical bilateral cooperation on new and renewable energy between both countries.
This MoU was signed during Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Mongolia at Ulaanbaatar in May 2015.
Approval to MoU between India and France
The Union Cabinet also gave ex-post-facto approval to a MoU signed between India and France to establish cooperative institutional relationship to promote and encourage technical bilateral cooperation on new and renewable energy issues between both countries.
The MoU was signed in Paris during the Indian Prime Minister’s to France in April 2015.
Tags: Cabinet Decisions • Current Affairs 2016 • India-France • India-Mongolia • India-Nepal
India and Mongolia have decided to elevate their ties to the level of Strategic partnership.
In this regard a joint statement was issued after the delegation level talks between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Mongolian counterpart Saikhanbileg in Ulaan Baatar.
It should be noted that Prime Minister Narendra Modi is first Indian PM to Mongolia.
Apart from this India and Mongolia signed 13 agreements to further strengthen bilateral ties in different sectors. They are
- Revised Air Services Agreement- To update the previous arrangements of international air services between India and Mongolia under the Convention on International Civil Aviation.
- Treaty on the Transfer of Sentenced Persons- Indian prisoners convicted in Mongolia will be transferred to India to serve the remaining part of their sentence. Similarly Mongolian citizens convicted in India can be sent to their home country to serve their sentence.
- Agreement on Cooperation in the Field of Animal Health and Dairy- It envisages joint cooperation activities in the areas of dairy, modern technical application, quality control and animal disease control measures, marketing in dairy etc.
- MoU on Cooperation in the Field of Traditional Systems of Medicine and Homeopathy.
- MoU on Establishment of Cyber Security Training Centre in the Ministry of Defence of Mongolia.
- MoU on Establishment of India-Mongolia JointFriendshipSchool in Mongolia.
- Programme on Cooperation in the field ofCulture for the Years 2015-2018.
- MoU for Cooperation between the India’s National Security Council and the National Security Council of Mongolia.
- MoU on Cooperation between the Union Ministry of External Affairs and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Mongolia– To focus on all aspects of the bilateral relationship between both nations in the areas of political, commercial, economic, technical scientific and cultural cooperation as per Protocol on Cooperation signed between both parties on September 17, 1996.
- MoU on Renewable Energy- Both nations will focus on development of new and renewable energy technologies, viz. Solar Energy and Wind Energy.
- MoU on enhancing cooperation between the border guarding forces.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi also announced a line of credit of US $ one billion to support expansion of Mongolia’s economic capacity and infrastructure.