India-Uzbekistan Current Affairs
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
India and Uzbekistan have inked 17 agreements including for cooperation in the fields of tourism, national security, training of diplomats, against trafficking and visa free travel for diplomatic passport holders. These agreements were signed after delegation level talks Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Uzbekistan’s President Shavkat Mirziyoyev in New Delhi.
In was first concerted effort from India to open strategic communication channels and broadened defence and counter-terrorism cooperation with Uzbekistan. Both countries also agreed to hold joint military training exercise in area of counter-terrorism, cooperate in field of military education and military medicine, set up Joint Working Group (JWG) to support and sustain enhanced, mutually-beneficial defence-related activities. They have also decided to institute a regular dialogue on Afghanistan.
Signed Agreements are
- Agreement for visa-free travel for diplomatic passport holders.
- Agreement on cooperation in the field of tourism.
- Memorandum on cooperation in the field of military education.
- MoU on Cooperation in the sphere of Law and Justice.
- Agreement in the field of agriculture and allied sectors.
- Agreement in scientific-technical and innovation fields.
- Agreement on cooperation in the field of health and medical science.
- Agreement on mutual cooperation in combating illicit trafficking narcotic drugs
- Agreement on cooperation in the exploration and uses of outer space for peaceful purposes.
- MoU between Samarkand City of Uzbekistan and Municipal Corporation of Agra, Uttar Pradesh.
- MoU on establishment of mutual cooperation and partnership
- Agreement on cooperation on establishment of the India- Uzbekistan business council
- Program of Cooperation between Ministries of Foreign Affairs of Uzbekistan and India for 2019-2020.
- MoU on for Development of pharmaceutical industry under the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
- MoU on Cooperation for establishment of the Uzbek-Indian Free Pharmaceutical Zone in the Andijan Region of Uzbekistan.
- MoU for cooperation between Office of the Security Council under President of Uzbekistan and National Security Council Secretariat of India.
- MoU on Cooperation between Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA) and Institute for Strategic and Regional Studies under President of Uzbekistan.
The Andijan Region of Uzbekistan and India have inked agreement for cooperation in pharmaceutical industry. Under it, both sides will develop cooperation in implementation of program for production of pharmaceutical, bio-pharmaceutical products and medical equipment in the Andijan region of Uzbekistan.
Both countries had agreed to work together in principle on issue of creating Uzbek-Indian free pharmaceutical zone in Andijan region and start joint development of business plan for this project. They had agreed to work together on issue of attracting direct investments of Indian companies and Uzbek investors to create modern production facilities for production of pharmaceutical products and medicines with high value. This was to be done on basis of medicinal substances and medicinal plant raw materials, produced, but not limited, on created plantations in Uzbekistan.