India Current Affairs - 2020
The BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa) substantiated their commitment to encourage closer coordination and identified seven areas of tax policy and administration for broadening mutual cooperation.
Key areas identified for cooperation:
- Development of global standards on ‘International taxation and transfer pricing’
- Strengthening of the enforcement processes
- Sharing of best practices and capacity building
- Sharing of anti-avoidance and non-compliance practices
- Promotion of effective exchange of information
- Capacity building, improvement of systems
- Sharing of resources, knowledge and best practices
Tags: Brazil • China • Current Affairs - 2017 • Current Affairs 2013 • India
Giving a boost to Ballistic Missile Defence (BMD) capability, India successfully launched an interceptor missile to destroy an incoming target missile in a accurate hit at an altitude of 15 km over the Bay of Bengal. The target missile played as an incoming enemy missile with a range of more than 2,000 km.
In the test, the interceptor missile, Advanced Air Defence (AAD), which was fired from the Wheeler Island, successfully destroyed the ‘hostile’ missile which was fired from Launch Complex-3 at Chandipur.
The test is part of India’s plans to deploy a two-tiered BMD system to engage and destroy incoming enemy missiles in the endo-atmosphere and exo-atmopshere.
As per Scientists, the success of the test means that India’s Ballistic Missile Defence (BMD) programme in the endo-atmosphere (that is, below an altitude of 50 km) is now ready for deployment and the country is in a position to take it to the next phase of production and induction.